Modern Camaro Forums banner

Rumor: 2012 Camaro Z28 to debut at Chicago Auto Show

6K views 51 replies 22 participants last post by  mucker15 
#1 · (Edited)
Personally I am sick of these rumors...
I got this email at 9am this morning and was asked to post it.

Obviously i didnt, however I saw some other sites have.
There is no official statement from GM and EGM says they received their lintel from GM finance.

http://www.egmcartech.com/2011/01/2...amaro-z28-to-debut-at-2011-chicago-auto-show/

"egmCarTech now has confirmation from its sources at General Motors that the Camaro Z28 will make its public debut at the 2011 Chicago Auto Show on February 9. That means the debut of the Camaro Z28 will take place the same month that the Chevrolet Camaro Convertible goes on sale."

So what does everyone think?

#2 ·
I think most of us are at the point of "I'll believe it when I see it"... We pretty much know they are planning something, just what that something is, we don't completely know. Hell, it might not even be called a Z-28. Like Scotty posted earlier, the official word from GM, is that we haven't seen the Z-28, plain and simple. It will be cool tho once this waiting game is over and we finally know everything.

#4 ·
Personally I am sick of these rumors...
I got this email at 9am this morning and was asked to post it.

Obviously i didnt, however I saw some other sites have.
There is no official statement from GM and EGM says they received their lintel from GM finance.
So you are asked to post it and then say obviously you didn't but here you are posting it... So i'm a little confused:confused:

#11 ·
Yea.. they did post it first... but i had the info before them. i got this email from the owner of the website claiming its debut at 9am he wanted me to post it.. i wasnt going to..

I guess i just gave in through curiosity, could it be true? i wish i knew because i would like to attend the show..

This is not confirmed by GM.. I just spoke with him about his source and he said it was from a finance executive @ GM that he met during the NAIAS.

#8 ·
Why? That is what the Z-series of cars IS. Higher end. Z06 as an example.

With this generation of vehicles, that is.:lol:

#12 ·
why...why...would they pick the chicago auto show to unveil this car? why would they not pick the biggest autoshow of the year(NAIAS)? this is another BS rumor from camaro5 douchebags.

#16 ·
Well, they changed it every so years, so it really does not matter anymore; just hope they don't change it again......

This post has been deleted
#18 ·
#20 ·
Yes sir!

#23 ·
we went to the auto show in detroit i asked the guys at the gm booth they told me chicago show should have the z28 and the engine would have the 550hp that is in the cadillac i think its the cts? it would not have the engine in the corvette they did not want the vette and camaro to compete against each other

#26 ·
Who knows at this point, Somebody was doing something right. This whole event is all over the net and the buzz it has created it worth it's weight in gold. I guess we will all find out in due time. The most important aspect is that we can all feel good about the fact that the Camaro is here to stay.

:black5thburn:

#27 ·
With rumor mills running in overdrive...lets just hope if it is announced it is EPIC...and has some real surprises that no one was expecting. Otherwise what's the point of keeping it secret.

#30 ·
Honestly if its the Z28 thats great and all but not really a surprise, Im really hoping for Caprice well need a new family car soon enough, I really cant see a biz case for another 2 dr rwd car in GMs lineup wouldnt it canibalize Camaro sales ?

Ok ill now try to be patient sorry

#35 · (Edited)
yup

not sure what that means for the SLP-ZL1...I thought SLP owned the ZL1 name? Maybe it's being built by SLP? I'm sure we'll know more soon....and I don't think this means they're wont be a Z28...I see the ZL1 being a high-priced, low build car.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.