Modern Camaro Forums banner

Interior?

15K views 78 replies 32 participants last post by  GoTeamCamaro 
#1 · (Edited)
#2 ·
If this is true for production, THAT KICKS A$$. That looks so much like the concept, like they said it would.
Seems they are holding true to their work :thumbsup:
And 20 inch wheels, hope that stays, at least for the V8
The interior pics shows that to be an auto. Havn't seen that before.

#56 ·
FU*K AN LS3, TWIN TURBO LS9(instead of the supercharger)

#7 ·
Nice find! Looks like the interior isn't quite finished off yet. I noticed the more pronounced look of the B pillar. The mirrors and door handles look like production parts. Noticed the backup lamps in the rear bumper cover and round exhaust tips...that's good. Tailamps look like the concept car. This just makes it tougher to have to wait some more for the final production car!!!:BangHead:

#13 ·
I really like it, it heavily echoes the dashes of the 1st gens..very short, very close to the cowl..I like that..means more interior room. I know its rough and its still not done totally but I like it...also I notice power window switches on the doors

Gray

#14 · (Edited)
Not sure if i like the round vents though. I like the long narrow ones. They should stay with that shape. I do not like the On/Off vent wheels out in the middle of the dash. They should be hidden along the side of the vent.
Also notice whats on the mirror.

I wonder if these pics were leaked just to get our opinion on it. hmmmm.

#17 ·
I don't know. It's not the materials that I don't like, it's the design. The Speedo and Tach holes are too big, and stand out too much from the dash for me. I will reserve final judgment until I see the final version, but this isn't all that good of a direction for my tastes.

#18 ·
I love where the radio and a/c controls are. right above the shifter :)
I think that if they do some color matching on the dash it will look great. It does look a bit flat being all one color. I also think that black would look better.

#19 ·
I hope the interior keeps the look going thats shown in preproduction shots. With an exterior as outstanding as its getting the acres of bland plastic so prevelant in todays cars will be a let down. the only thing worse would be wood!!

#23 · (Edited)
Dude..this is wickedly badass.
Console instrument cluster!
My only gripe is the bulging middle of the steering wheel. **** airbags.
We all should have known Devryn would hate it. Mainly because Devryn hates everything. :D

EDIT: That thing actually looks pretty good with those smaller same-size wheels, tbh.

I'll take that Ute up front with the black wheels, though. :D

#25 ·
I don't quite see why people don't like the interior. It's designed VERY close to the concept interior. Unless you hated the concept interior, can't see why you don't like this one.

And I like it a lot better than the dime-a-dozen instant-interiors everyone has in most of their other cars, which are all designed and layed out the same way.

#26 · (Edited)
Ok Im pleased. I have to say I love the interior, I can see how it would be in a more refined production finish. The interior isnt boxy and cheap looking like the challys or the mustangs. Hell the testing prototype's interior finish is as good as most ford and dodges interiors anyways except the missing panels. I didnt like the concept interior, but I can see how it was watered down just the right amount and how it lets me feel it a car not a spaceship. Now I love it.

I think it would feel good to drive it. Honestly I think a G8 interior could of done good enough, but I like extra mile to keep its identity and heritage.

My only concern of these pics are the same as Chuggernaut's,....... What the hell is up with the headlights? The details of the headlight seem to be heading further inward to the grille. Dare I say it....like a challengers. I hope the headlights were not changed extremely from the concept.

But we do know that the spied Camaro's engine is redlined at 6000rpms. A little info but not much. Just something I noticed in one of the shots. Which leads me to believe that the beloved LS3 (6600rpm redline) isnt in that car; but a L76 could be. Easy to believe too with higher CAFE standards coming. I can live with that, but I would still rather see the LS3 at least one trim of the car.

#28 · (Edited)
O.K. I did some comparison...Maybe it is the materials in the pic that make it look god aweful.

Everything in the concept is leather/vinyl with some nice stitch work and the Billet helped too. If they use the leather or vinyle with the nice stitchwork and seams like the concept, I'll be good with it...However, if it looks this bad in the final...no way. Seriously...It would be a deal breaker.

Are the seats in the test cars neoprene? *blech*

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.