Modern Camaro Forums banner

How reliable is the new Camaro?

56K views 93 replies 37 participants last post by  alphazoefm 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
I wanted more up-to-date auto reliability information that included actual repair rates. So in late 2005 I started getting people together to make this possible. TrueDelta now reports absolute repair rates that make the differences between cars much clearer. Results are updated four times a year, so it's possible to provide results quickly for new models like the Camaro and then track the cars closely as they age.

The system is in place, so it's just a matter of how soon enough Camaro owners sign up and participate. So I'm grateful that this forum has let me post this thread, to help get the word out.

Participants simply report repairs the month after they occur on a one-page survey. When there are no repairs, they simply report an approximate odometer reading four times a year, at the end of each quarter.

To encourage participation, participants receive full access to all results, not just those for the Camaro, free of charge.

For the details, and to sign up to help out:

Car reliability research - Link Updated 12/3/22

Results have now been posted below in the thread.

See less See more
#8 ·
This is a cool research tool! :thumbsup:

Real market results from real owners of these cars.
IMO, the only way to do it! :)

I've signed up to participate, the process looks very straight forward.
I encourage others to do the same!

:mcc:
Yes it is. I'm in. :D

#5 ·
Thanks for signing up, I appreciate it.

The G6 is in the system, but some model years are not included in the main survey yet. A model / model year is only included when 25 owners have signed up (pro-rated for 2009s and 2010s). No point in having you take the time to respond to the survey if we won't have enough responses to provide a result.

There are other, optional surveys on the site with no minimum sample size, such as the one for real-world fuel economy. One of these lets you post repairs that cannot be reported on the main survey, either because they occurred before you joined or your car isn't yet in the main survey.

You're certainly welcome to participate in those.

Eight owners signed up for the 2010 Camaro so far. It's a start, but clearly more are needed. We already have 88 owners signed up for the 2010 Kia Soul and 55 for the 2010 Prius. I'd love to have a similar level of participation with the Camaro.

#10 ·
Thanks for signing up, I appreciate it.

Eight owners signed up for the 2010 Camaro so far. It's a start, but clearly more are needed. We already have 88 owners signed up for the 2010 Kia Soul and 55 for the 2010 Prius. I'd love to have a similar level of participation with the Camaro.
Good dig...you must have a Masters in Marketing! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I will sign up right after clicking "Submit Reply" here... :thumbsup:

#14 ·
It's because import drivers aren't out driving their extremely boring automobiles so they have the time to sit down and take a reliability questionnaire. ;)
I never did do any of the ones I got for the G5.

#20 ·
As promised, We've released a reliability stat for the all-new 2010 Chevrolet Camaro that includes owner experiences through September 30, 2009.

We had 22 responses and an average of 2.2 months of data per car--so this stat is partial and preliminary. On the site it is asterisked and visible only to members.

That said, the reported repair rate of 73 repair trips per 100 cars per year is about average, and not bad for an all-new model early in its first model year.

The most common problem: loose bolts used to attach the rear spoiler.

This forum and everyone who has been helping, thanks, this result would not have been possible without you.

We'll have further updates, with the first full results, in February and May. The more owners participate, the better the information we can provide.

Chevrolet Camaro reliability comparisons

#27 ·
It's always possible to sign up with your current car, then let me know when you get the new one.

This will at least establish a join data. I'm willing and able to manually enter responses for previous months back to when someone first joined.

We'll have a full result for the Camaro soon. Great participation by owners here!

Not yet signed up? Details here:

Car reliability research

#28 ·
We recently released our first full reliability stats for all-new 2010 Chevrolet Camaro, based on owner experiences through December 31, 2009. With a reported repair frequency of 41 repair trips per 100 cars per year, the new Camaro is about average, but close to "better than average."

The most common problem: loose bolts used to attach the rear spoiler.

We'll have further updates in May and August. The more owners participate, the better the information we can provide.

Chevrolet Camaro reliability comparisons