Modern Camaro Forums banner

Introducing the Racecar

11K views 56 replies 20 participants last post by  Fourth Horseman 
#1 ·
In my home, we do not really name cars. It is more like a classification. My Dodge Ram is the "work truck" and my sisters CTS is the "hot rod". I took delivery tonight of my IBM RS/SS M6 - the "race car".

A little back story ...

The weight is finally over. Like most of you, the Concept Camaro captivated me when it was released. I spent hours surfing the net searching for information. I was a “lurker” here for over a year before becoming a member. The knowledge and guidance I have found here are excellent and greatly appreciated. This is a wonderful community.

Five years and three day after I was served with divorce papers (from my bride of 63 days) my Camaro comes home. The wait has been long, and the hurdles to get here have been challenging. Hell, my legal fees cost more than my car!

In the grand scheme of things, it is just a car. It arrived at my dealership three days ago. There it sat because I was not going to spend time at the dealership filling out paperwork when I could spend the two days with my daughter. Am I excited? Sure – permagrin!

I know this thread would be worthless without pics – so here they are.

Yours truly - a true forum tool.

This is Sara. Great woman to work with. Camino Real in Monterey Park, CA is also an excellent dealership

Leaving the Dealership, my sound track opens with Blue Collar Man (Styx), Only The Young (Journey) and More Than A Feeling (Boston)

Mods/upgrades planned:

MGW – Short Throw with custom shift knob.
Skip Shift Eliminator
Pioneer Avic Z120BT/Amp/Sub
Custom Painted Rally Stripes
ARH Long Tubes Headers and Magnaflow Competition Series mufflers
Dyno Tune
Eibach Pro-Kit
Wheels – to be determined …

I thought this would be an EPIC 1100th post.

Thanks for all the information, support and fellowship - Especially 80's Adam, 54 Inches, Jekyll - N - Hyde, SDoomX (I liked ModSled better), Our host Octane, SunsetHawk Selena, PowerFreak and JonZ where ever he may be.

Mods begin on Monday. Pics to follow.

I will be MIA for a few days - as is expected.

That is all!

See less See more
#5 ·
i have to disagree the camaro is not and will not be just a car. you picked that car out all the other cars for a reason and i believe that reason is the camaro is the number 1 sports car on the road today. like one member here said its like driving around with a celebrity.

#7 ·
Time to fall on my sword ...

..."It is a great honor to recieve this award, and while I would like to thank the Academy, there are foar more deserving people to thank. This day would not be possible without the support of my family, demonspeed, SSRS, CamaroSSMan and so many others..."

:nana::p:nana::p:nana::p:nana::p:nana::p:nana::p:nana::p:nana::p:nana::p:nana::p

#11 ·
Couldn't have gone to a nicer guy!

#12 ·
CONGRATS!!! that is one droolworthy Camaro my friend. :thumbsup:

enjoy the permagrin... and don't worry your cheeks will stop cramping after the first week ;)

and thanks for the props. i'm glad this community was there for ya :5go:

#14 ·
Yes Oscar, I will be there. The race car goes to the paint shop the next day for custom stripes.

#15 ·
Thanks for all the information, support and fellowship - Especially 80's Adam, 54 Inches, Jekyll - N - Hyde, SDoomX (I liked ModSled better), Our host Octane, SunsetHawk Selena, PowerFreak and JonZ where ever he may be.

Hey man anytime just as I said in my MOTM without each other here helping with the info that we know our cars would not come together as they are :thumbsup:

This is what I want to see more people get Camaros come back and help with feedback :thumbsup:

Now go enjoy that Beautiful NEW Camaro :5go: Well deserved.

OScar leave the guy alone sheesh if he shows up he shows up :lol: :p

#16 · (Edited)
Update

Here is the latest series of updates to the Racecar:

MGW Short Throw with custom shift knob

Pioneer Navigation Unit and all the goodies - Sirius, HD, DVD, iPod etc...

Orion 10" Sub and Amp with SubThump Enclosures!

My Princess and heir to the Racecar

I like ModernCamaro!

Dyno for baseline soon ...
LT Headers/K&N Intake/Tune/dyno again after.
Stripes/Wheels to follow in late July ...
Head and a Cam in the Fall (if all goes well)

Then on to the last project before a dedicated college savings plan ... a rebuilt motor for my 2004 Ram ... I found that 300 hp (to the wheels) is no longer enough. Any suggestions for my Ram 5.7 Hemi?

#19 ·
Thank you. :D

I didn't really have the knobs long enough to get used to them. I really did not like them when I first saw them. Once I bought the car, I knew I would be making this upgrade, so I knew the knobs would only be temporary. The did grow on me, but the buttons are really the same as most cars.

#20 ·
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::confused::confused:DAMMMM, not really sure how, but I totally missed this thread from the start...sorry man...CONGRATS, GOOD LUCK & your welcome.:thumbsup:

Where's the pix of your stripes???:rolleyes:

#21 ·
Where's the pix of your stripes???:rolleyes:
PFreak - no worries. If I had titled the thread "Introducing PowerFreaks Evil West coast Twin" (which I thought of doing) you would have seen it for sure. It was your pictures back in the day that helped me decide on the color.

As for the pix of the stirpes, stripe = cash. Cash = Summer School. The will be on later this summer. Pix will follow. When its done, we need to discuss getting the them together in a pic. There will be some logistics involved, but the devil is always in the details!

#31 ·
Check out Radar Blue Metallic, 1993 Chevrolet Fleet color that came on the Chevy trucks.

It is the opposite color shift of IBM. It is Purple and shifts to blue in the light.....whereas IBM is blue and shifts to purple......the explanation was for everyone else.....:lol:

#32 ·
Off to the Dyno today at OCD Customs! Will report back later. That is all.

#34 · (Edited)
370 hp
374 torque

The guys at OCD Customs are great. Tim and Scott are genuine gear heads! If you are in SoCal, they are a must!:thumbsup:

Attachments

#35 ·
Updated 6/6/11

Thought this would be the best place to compartmentalize my build as opposed to a brand new thread ...

I have checked off pretty much everything "major" on my list of modifications:

Supercharger - I decided, after thinking long and getting quite a bit of advice from several members here, to go Vortech. While I did not do the install myself (I am ok when it comes to small things, like running wires for footwell lighting or a stereo), I had a GM service manager do the install for me. He has a ton of pics that I will post a link to later this week after I get copies, but the install was very straight forward. Took about 12 hours over 5 days after work, although he tells me, now that he has done one, he could pull it off easily in a weekend. I have an appointment Wednesday 6/8 to get it dialed in on the dyno, results, pics/video to follow in this thread. Here are a few teaser pics:

Wheels - They were really hard to decide. I must have picked over a 100 different wheels. I even got several quotes for custom wheels (like I have that kind of cash :rolleyes:). I had really wanted Foose Nitrous II, but they are not available in my price range. Found these in sizes that would allow maximum tire width with my suspension mods (eibach pro spings/sways):

Rear

Front

While not as much "lip" as i was looking for, I could not be happier. A former student works for America's Tire and got me an incredible deal! I opted for the Continentals as opposed to the Invos, there will always be the chance to try the Invos later.

As I was leaving the Tire shop, I looked at my gauges, and this is what I saw (it was quite serendipitous):

Adam suggested a nice "burn down" video of the Pirelli's, but my guy at the Tire shop comes through again. He has a customer looking for SS wheels, so it looks like they will be sold. Since I only had 5K on the set, I think I will make a few bucks back.

Finally, I ordered a pre-painted Heritage grill several months back and finally got that installed. It is in the pick with the intercooler.

All in all, a rather exciting week. School just ended for me on Friday, so I am off to get the front end aligned and now have plenty of time to just cruise. David (Jekyll) sig talks about Summer is never very far away - Well for me it here right now! :5go:

#36 ·
School just ended for me on Friday, so I am off to get the front end aligned and now have plenty of time to just cruise. David (Jekyll) sig talks about Summer is never very far away - Well for me it here right now! :5go:

" Summer is never far away when cruising down the street in a 69/2010 Camaro Youth is long and life is Sweet !!!!!!! "

:thumbsup: :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.