Seat belt chime - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts

Go Back   ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts > 5th Generation Camaro - News and Information > 5th Generation Camaro News & General Discussion
Register Garage Photo Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Advertise Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

5th Generation Camaro News & General Discussion News Articles & General Discussion about the 5th Generation Camaro.

ModernCamaro.com is the premier Chevrolet Camaro Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-04-2010, 05:06 PM   #1

cosmicbrut is on a distinguished road
Seat belt chime

I know on certain cars you used to be able to put a sequence in of plugging and unplugging the seatbelt and turning the car on and off to make that annoying beeping stop. I cant find anything in the manual and I was curious does anyone know of anything like this for the camaro?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-04-2010, 05:26 PM   #2

shawnm3 is on a distinguished road
my music usually drowns it out

~ Dreams do come true ~
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 12-04-2010, 07:42 PM   #3

Ject is an unknown quantity at this point
Haven't heard anything about it other then putting the seatbelt on.

It saves lives
Current Modifications: C.A.I. Inc. CAI, Vmax Ported TB, Dynatech Headers, Flowmaster AMT Cat Back, MSD Plug Wires, Vector Motorsports Tune, Pfadt Drop Springs / Trailing Arms / Swaybars / End Links, Hotchkis Max Brace, Stainless Braided Brake Lines
2011 Modifications: Pedders HD Diff Mounts (EP1167HD), Pfadt Engine Mounts / Solid Subframe Insert, L99 to LS3 Conversion Kit, LS7 Lifters, Ported Intake Manifold
Old 12-04-2010, 08:00 PM   #4

Callaway Chris is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmicbrut View Post
I know on certain cars you used to be able to put a sequence in of plugging and unplugging the seatbelt and turning the car on and off to make that annoying beeping stop. I cant find anything in the manual and I was curious does anyone know of anything like this for the camaro?
I did that on my Ford. Not because I drive w/out a seat belt (I always wear one).
Old 12-05-2010, 02:34 PM   #5

DkKnightX has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ject View Post
Haven't heard anything about it other then putting the seatbelt on.

It saves lives

Date the ban will be lifted: Never
Old 12-05-2010, 09:31 PM   #6
Veteran Member

JoSSh is on a distinguished road
Wear your seatbelt...it's as simple as that. Coming from the person that survived this:

I would listen to me. It doesn't matter if you're driving the speed limit, following all of the laws all it takes is one person that isn't paying attention, drunk, or under the influence of drugs and you'll end up with life threatening injuries. Put it on and live...When the person who cut you out of the car said the first thought in their mind was if I didn't have my seat belt on I was dead it really changes your perspective on things.

Rally Yellow 2SS/RS
Fifty years from now, when you're looking back at your life, don't you want to be able to say you had the guts to get in the car?
Old 12-05-2010, 09:50 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Jekyll-N-Hyde will become famous soon enoughJekyll-N-Hyde will become famous soon enough
Excuse me for saying this but this is a STUPID POST.

Wear your Seat Belt for your Sake.

I was in a auto accident back 11 years ago and if it wasnt for the seat belt I wouldnt be here. Before that day ( I wore it for some odd reason that day ) I never wore it and as stated above I put it on just before the accident happened. It woke me up and I opened my eyes when I realized without that Belt I would be dead.

PLease for your sake just wear it.....plus it wont set off that annoying beeping sound.
Old 12-05-2010, 09:51 PM   #8

mjw724 is on a distinguished road
You also have to put in mind that my uncle was in a similar car wreck where someone hit him and flipped his car into an oak tree which smashed the driver side of the car. He wasnt wearing his seatbelt and was thrown to the passenger side of the car in his friends lap. The man that cut him out of the car said if you were wearing your seatbelt you wouldnt be here right now. Truely its in gods hands to keep you safe.
Old 12-06-2010, 01:24 AM   #9
Supporting Super Moderator

brandonppr will become famous soon enough
Although you could survive because you were not wearing your seatbelt the odds are that it will be the other way around.

I used to not wear mine until I watched some youtube videos of real crashes inside the car and it looks pretty scary.

That being said. I absolutly hate a car that chimes everytime my belt is not buckled. There are times when it is very annoying. There are times when I am moving my car or this or that and I don't want to hear the thing chime.

besides the normal crash test vids check out this one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcVSQh5MbTo
Old 12-07-2010, 06:20 PM   #10
Supporter of common sense

OverAnxious will become famous soon enoughOverAnxious will become famous soon enough
Simple fix, wear your seatbelt.

Think the chime is annoying? Beats the hell out of being in a serious accident while you were being too cool to wear it.

Hot Rod Search Google searches for gearheads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Sponsors