Window tinting - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts

Go Back   ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts > 5th Generation Camaro - News and Information > 5th Generation Camaro News & General Discussion
Register Garage Photo Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Advertise Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

5th Generation Camaro News & General Discussion News Articles & General Discussion about the 5th Generation Camaro.

ModernCamaro.com is the premier Chevrolet Camaro Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-22-2011, 10:01 PM   #1

LuckyMe is on a distinguished road
Window tinting

Has anybody had their windows tinted ? Checked out some prices today , couldn't believe how expensive it was. $160.00 for 2 windows seem a little high to me . I've talked to other people that had their's tinted for $60.00 bucks , not camaros though. Something different about tinting Camaro windows ?

2011 2SS/RS , summit white with IOM stripes .Flowmaster American Thunder catback exhaust.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-22-2011, 10:41 PM   #2
Bully Proof

Envy will become famous soon enough
There are different quality levels available in auto tint film as well as different tint levels. The tint level does not affect the price but the quality can. I paid $250 through my dealership to have all four side windows (two front/two rear) and the rear window tinted 20%.

Here's a thread with a little more info...

Aqua blue window tint
Camaro5 Car of the Week Jan 31 2011
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 03-22-2011, 10:54 PM   #3

sdmaro is on a distinguished road
I paid $50 for the front two at 20%.
Old 03-22-2011, 11:43 PM   #4

Jason is on a distinguished road
I know for some reason just the windshield alone is like 120 in California.. I just got my entire car done 30 on all Windows and 50 on windshield...
Old 03-23-2011, 01:37 AM   #5

Bay Area SS is on a distinguished road
Like everyting you pay for what you get. I have 5 percent limos all the way around and a large piece at the top of the windshield. It was 180
Old 03-23-2011, 01:44 AM   #6
JacFab.com

RacnJsn95 is on a distinguished road
I usually do my own. Depending on what seller you buy from on ebay, you can pick up quality computer cut tint pretty cheap $~40-60. I've done about 5 or 6 cars now myself using ebay stuff, and have done a few cars with the WalMart tint in the past. From my experience the WalMart stuff will fade (turn purple) pretty quick, within a year or two. I had the ebay stuff on my 04 GTO for 2 years, and it still looked great when I traded it in. I'm pretty sold on the stuff, especially for the price. If you've got a couple of hours to spare, I think it's definitely worth the $$ savings. If you do decide to go this route, remember, cleanliness is the key!

Lowest quote I could find for my Camaro was $225 for just the side windows.

Specializing in attractive "no drill" front license plate brackets for the 2010+ Camaro
Check out our new website! www.jacfab.com
2010 Camaro 1SS RJT w/ SIM Stripes; M6. 12.535 @ 112.33mph JacFab No-Drill front license plate bracket, Dynomax Axleback, JacFab CAI System, JacFab HFC's, Bo White ported TB.
Old 03-23-2011, 05:53 AM   #7
Veteran Member

2010_5thgen will become famous soon enough
my tint cost me 150 all the way around. ive talked to other people about tint and some have paid around 3-500 for their camaros. and why would you only get 2 window tinted, by the way?

Old 03-23-2011, 05:54 AM   #8
Veteran Member

2010_5thgen will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason View Post
I know for some reason just the windshield alone is like 120 in California.. I just got my entire car done 30 on all Windows and 50 on windshield...
doing the front window 50% , does that make everything else that much darker in the car? how is night driving? ive been wanting to get my front window tinted.

Old 03-23-2011, 06:02 AM   #9

spckatnip is on a distinguished road
I checked Mother's Window Tint here in San Antonio and it was $399 for 35% ceramic tint. So I just had Eric-SS do it for $299 and saved me some money.

2011 2SS CGM/IO Convertible - MySSt
Old 03-23-2011, 09:03 AM   #10

engbulldog is on a distinguished road
It usually runs around $25 a window smaller 1/4 windows are about $10-$15 windsheilds are $100-175 depends on the curves in the glass! I worked with a tint guy for 5 yrs at my old detail shop
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Sponsors