StabiliTrak Needs Service? - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts

Go Back   ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts > 5th Generation Camaro - News and Information > 5th Generation Camaro News & General Discussion
Register Garage Photo Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Advertise Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

5th Generation Camaro News & General Discussion News Articles & General Discussion about the 5th Generation Camaro.

ModernCamaro.com is the premier Chevrolet Camaro Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-31-2011, 10:37 PM   #1
Bully Proof

Envy will become famous soon enough
Question StabiliTrak Needs Service?

About 10 days ago when I started Envy up I noticed a message in my DIC that read "Service StabiliTrak". The message disappeared immediately and the instrument indicator light turned off. Since then...I haven't remembered to look at my DIC when I start up and the message disappeared so fast the first time I'm surprised I noticed it then.

Is this something I should worry about since the message disappeared quickly and the indicator light didn't stay on? Has anyone had this experience or experienced StabiliTrak failure? Any feedback would be appreciated.
Camaro5 Car of the Week Jan 31 2011
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-31-2011, 11:48 PM   #2
Premium Member

JWD621 is on a distinguished road
Hillary
I had this happen one time last year and took it to the dealer to check it out to find one of the sensors (left rear wheel) had failed. A quick replacement fixed the problem and has not happened since. Mine was covered under warranty so yours should be covered also.
I recomend Reliable in Richardson to do your warranty work since you have had "issues" with your dealer.

Hope this helps.

2010 2SS/RS A6 L99 Born 09/16/2009 Vin#9146985
ModernCamaro Car of the Month Jan 2013
CAI,Axle back exhaust, V Max Throttle Body
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 01-01-2012, 06:34 PM   #3
Premium Member

Guapo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Envy View Post
About 10 days ago when I started Envy up I noticed a message in my DIC that read "Service StabiliTrak". The message disappeared immediately and the instrument indicator light turned off. Since then...I haven't remembered to look at my DIC when I start up and the message disappeared so fast the first time I'm surprised I noticed it then.

Is this something I should worry about since the message disappeared quickly and the indicator light didn't stay on? Has anyone had this experience or experienced StabiliTrak failure? Any feedback would be appreciated.
Mine also comes on every once in awhile. I guess I will have to have it checked.
1998 Honda Accord 2d, daily driver.
Old 01-01-2012, 07:59 PM   #4
Bully Proof

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWD621 View Post
Hillary
I had this happen one time last year and took it to the dealer to check it out to find one of the sensors (left rear wheel) had failed. A quick replacement fixed the problem and has not happened since. Mine was covered under warranty so yours should be covered also.
I recomend Reliable in Richardson to do your warranty work since you have had "issues" with your dealer.

Hope this helps.
Did the message come on and turn off like I described JW?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guapo View Post
Mine also comes on every once in awhile. I guess I will have to have it checked.
Does it always happen at start-up like mine did?
Old 01-01-2012, 08:02 PM   #5
Premium Member

Guapo is on a distinguished road
It only comes on for an instant when I first start it up but then goes away. Also does not happen every time just some times.
1998 Honda Accord 2d, daily driver.
Old 01-01-2012, 09:32 PM   #6
Premium Member

patriotpa will become famous soon enoughpatriotpa will become famous soon enough
A dirty sensor can do this.
*I don't tolerate fools.* Psalm 109:8 Ordered from Faulkner Chevy #NKCF02 1100 5/8/9 2000, 3300 7/16/9 TPW 7/20,GOT MY (low) VIN! 4000 7/24/9 ,Picked up 8/7/9!!! Signed Litho #45. Car signed by FBodfather 2011. Service: Jennings Chevy in PA. Pro Patria Vigilans. It's not "drifting"... it's a POWER SLIDE! MOTM/COTM Sept 2012
Old 01-01-2012, 09:50 PM   #7
Premium Member

JWD621 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by patriotpa View Post
A dirty sensor can do this.
Yes Sir, You are correct!

Hillary,
At first I saw it so fast that I was not sure what it was. It got to be more often over time (about two weeks) but lasted longer on the DIC.

I finally go around to driving over to Richardson after it came on and did not go out.

2010 2SS/RS A6 L99 Born 09/16/2009 Vin#9146985
ModernCamaro Car of the Month Jan 2013
CAI,Axle back exhaust, V Max Throttle Body
Old 01-02-2012, 12:05 AM   #8

bazzballlvr is on a distinguished road
where exactly are the sensors located?
Old 01-02-2012, 09:32 AM   #9
Bully Proof

Just as I feared...I'm going to have to wait until it comes on and stays on...otherwise the service department rep will look at me like I'm crazy and they'll fix nothing...been there and done that. I'm already getting sick of this computer/sensor crap. I've had Envy for a year and a half...she has 7100 miles on her...and this is the fourth sensor to give a trouble code or whatever you call it.

BTW...thanks for the feedback guys...I really apperciate it!

Last edited by Envy; 01-02-2012 at 09:40 AM.
Old 01-02-2012, 06:44 PM   #10

BubbaHD is on a distinguished road
Are you brake torquing to smoke the tires? That will make the light come on after you shut the car off. As soon as you drive it the light will go off. It happens every time a car is on the Dyno unless you hit the traction control button once then hold it down for 7 seconds. That disables both the traction control and the stability tract.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Sponsors