Some upcoming work for my Nadia!! - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
5th Generation Camaro News & General Discussion News Articles & General Discussion about the 5th Generation Camaro.

3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 Old 08-19-2016, 07:17 AM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Some upcoming work for my Nadia!!

Hey guys!! Been a while. Sorry I haven't been in to make a thread. When the new password thing happened, I kinda was unable to log in. So I had to email the site owners or something and wait for them to respond and hook me up with a new password. Well that was back on August 2nd, lol!! So I am back. So a lot of you know me from back when I used to post all the time. Well lets just say I'll be posting quite often again.

Lately I noticed I been neglecting my Nadia. And she deserves better attention than I been giving her. As a matter of fact, last night I went out to drive her and the battery was dead, SMH. Jumped her and realized that a few things need to be taken care of. So I'm gonna get some work done on her in the next week or so. On my list of things to have fixed is the evap solenoid. I have had DTC P0449 for about a year and a half. It is nothing that harms the engine but it does cost about $400 in labor to have fixed. And the parts I need are about $100. So it is time to have it done to get rid of that code once and for all. Funny thing is a few months ago I took it to a dealership to have the work done and they had the car up in the air and ready to work on it just to find out that they did not have the part in stock. So this time around I figure I'll order the part myself and then take it to the shop or dealership.

Also, I have an exhaust leak that I am finally fed up with. So I took one of my exhaust pipes to have modified so I can crawl under there and finally place my catback in the correct position. About 2 years ago I went from a catted system to a non-catted system that used a 3 inch connection pipe all the way from the headers instead of bottling down to 2.5 inches like my OBX header > catback did. The only thing was that the 3 incher had a small leak that was largely unnoticeable and it hung my exhaust pipes a little low because of how it was angled. It was low enough that you can see the exhaust clamps. Unsightly but I ignored it. But now I'm fed up so I am replacing the full 3 inch connection with the modified one that bottles down and will be either re-hanging it to sit properly or I'll have it welded in place.

Another thing I have to address is my Metra dash kit. When I installed it my best friend insisted on pushing on the top part of it to get it more flush with the trim against my protests. It cracked the LCD and caused a little blurtch kinda spot on it. I dealt with it for all this time but now my DNX 571HD head unit has to go in for repairs since the navigation on it decided to crap out on me. So since it will all be coming apart I figure I might as well get a new dash kit and fix that issue.

So those are my little projects for the next week or two. It seems like a lot of work but it shouldn't be too bad. I'll keep you guys updated on my progress. Oh, and stay tuned for some major changes in the future. I have plans for forced induction probably after the Winter!! I'm thinking about going with a Procharger P1SC or D1SC!! Anyway, it's good to be back on here with you guys!!

Nadia - 2010 Camaro LS3 2SS/RS - Vararam Tuned CAI, SLP UDP, VMax TB and Power Wedge, OBX 1-7/8 LTs, OBX 3" Cat-Back, Custom 3 inch Catless extensions, Custom Predator Tune, BER Ported Intake Manifold!!
Amy - 2015 Mustang GT Premium Convertible M6 - Bone Stock.
Proud to be the March 2013 Member Of The Month!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 08-19-2016, 10:51 PM
Premium Member

It's been awfully quiet around here

without you.

Welcome Back, Sir

2011 1SS/RS LS3 Cyber Gray Metallic
post #3 of 13 Old 08-19-2016, 11:16 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Well Today I got a good amount done. Got my exhaust pipes modified so those are going on tomorrow. Got an appointment set at a dealership for Tuesday to get the evap solenoid done. And I am ordering a new Metra kit tonight. I decided not to send the head unit in since it's gonna cost a minimum of $175 not including the shipping. I figure I could just get an actual navigation device for less than that. So by the end of the week she should be sittin pretty!!

Nadia - 2010 Camaro LS3 2SS/RS - Vararam Tuned CAI, SLP UDP, VMax TB and Power Wedge, OBX 1-7/8 LTs, OBX 3" Cat-Back, Custom 3 inch Catless extensions, Custom Predator Tune, BER Ported Intake Manifold!!

post #4 of 13 Old 08-20-2016, 08:03 AM
Premium Member

Garage
Missed you buddy!!

2010 2SS/RS A6 L99 Born 09/16/2009 Vin#9146985
ModernCamaro Car of the Month Jan 2013
CAI,Axle back exhaust, V Max Throttle Body
post #5 of 13 Old 08-21-2016, 06:16 AM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comrando View Post
without you.

Welcome Back, Sir
Thanks my friend. I'll be in more often now. Got some really good future plans for my SS!! You'll see!!

post #6 of 13 Old 08-21-2016, 06:17 AM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWD621 View Post
Missed you buddy!!
There's no place like home! Thanks man!!

post #7 of 13 Old 08-21-2016, 06:25 AM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Well I attempted to place the modified pipes back on but I didn't like how they were fitting. So I decided to re-use the pipes I had already on there. Once I took the pipes off I realized that all along I put them on the wrong way which is why my exhaust hung soo low, silly me, I tend to screw up like ths often. So I switched them (the one on the left to the right and the one on the right to the left) and presto-magic, they no longer hang low. Now if only I had hung them right in the first place a while ago, lol!!

So that fixed that. But the one still had a pin hole leak in it. My buddy works at a shop and is a pretty good welder. He told me to bring it by on Monday and he'll sand it down and apply some metal to it and weld it closed. I can't wait that long because I have quite a bit going on. So looking at the pinhole, it is very small, and I figured I'd try some of that Permatex exhaust repair wrap. You wrap it around the exhaust and it heats up and hardens to it thus causing a seal. So far it is working. But the exhaust is still leaking a slight bit at the connection. Try as I might I could not clamp it enough to get it to stop leaking. So that tells me I'll either have to get the connection point welded which I hate or maybe I can get away with doubling up on clamps. This morning I'll pick up 2 more clamps from Advance and give it a shot and see how it comes out. If that works out then all I'll have to do is wait for my Metra kit to come in and also drop the car off on Tuesday morning to get that evap solenoid replaced. After that she'll be perfect!!

Oh, and after I got the exhaust lined up correctly and the exhaust leaks partially taken care of, she seemed to run a little better. Hopefully I can get it all squared away by the after noon!! Stay tuned!!

post #8 of 13 Old 08-21-2016, 10:15 AM
Veteran Member

Garage
Glad to have you back we have missed ya

2014 2LT/RS with spring edition package. Proud Litho Owner #28.
post #9 of 13 Old 08-21-2016, 01:09 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamaproshop View Post
Glad to have you back we have missed ya
Thanks bud. I missed being here.
bamaproshop likes this.

post #10 of 13 Old 08-21-2016, 01:22 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

So I went out today to see if I could get this whole exhaust thing buttoned down once and for all. I bought 2 extra clamps and doubled up on the front connection. That sealed the front. But then I noticed that it seemed like my rear pipes were leaking too. It turns out that I still had those cheap aftermarket clamps in one spot in the rear. So I got rid of that one (it snapped as I was unscrewing it which means it wasn't doing much in the first place, lol) and replaced it with a leftover heavy duty clamp. That sealed it a little better but I suspect it is still leaking just a tad. Plus the rear pipes were contacting the differential case. SO I wrapped a supercharger coupler around one of the pipes where it was touching and that seemed to absorb the sound of it hitting. The other side is still touching slightly so I'll have to get another coupler on that one in a couple days. All in all the one that is still touching isn't all that bad. And so far the Permatex seal is holding tight. I did not feel any exhaust gases coming thru. Plus all the fumes I was getting last night have significantly diminished. There is still a slight fume, very very slight, but I think that is more from having a catless system. Plus it probably was running rich all this time from having those leaks there...plus from me loosening the clamps while the engine was running. So I'm thinking the remaining fumes will dissipate eventually. I'll probably still have some tho. Every non-catted vehicle I've had was always smelly, lol! At least it is only noticeable if I really pay attention to it while at a stop for a few seconds. And the clamps are still slightly visible but nowhere near as much of an eyesore as they were a couple days ago. You can barely see the bottom tip of them. So I'm satisfied. It goes in the shop Tuesday morning so I figure I'll address the rest of the exhaust on Wednesday. I'll just double up on the clamps for the rear pipes and get a couple around the one pipe and that should do it. Then I'll hopefully have the Metra kit and I'll start on that.

Other plans include having a backup camera installed, getting my heated seats fixed, and adding a subwoofer to the trunk!!
bamaproshop and JWD621 like this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page