newbie spotted some cool stuff! - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts

Go Back   ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts > 5th Generation Camaro - News and Information > 5th Generation Camaro Pictures, Videos & Photoshops
Register Garage Photo Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Advertise Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

5th Generation Camaro Pictures, Videos & Photoshops Post your Camaro pictures, videos and photoshops here!

ModernCamaro.com is the premier Chevrolet Camaro Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-20-2008, 07:50 PM   #1

roaduscarnivorous is on a distinguished road
newbie spotted some cool stuff!

hey guys,

i just signed up here anyway, on the way home today, i *spied* a camaro prototype in what is probably the close-to-final production form!!! it was for a movie shoot. photos attached

it was in ss trim, meaning a v8? automatic, silver w/ black interior. i have to say, it was BEAUTIFUL. i had my doubts 'cuz the camaro concept i saw at the la autoshow was HUGE, which seemed to be the trend of retro muscle cars. the mustang is about one or two sizes too large and the new challenger is also ginormous. the styling of this new camaro is quite a success and really wow'd me. it didn't seem oversized at all and is in fact (at least seemed) quite a nice compact size for a sporty car. the tail is high and sufficiently short, with nice but not overly cluttered details. the front is aggressive and but not overly showy. and when seen direct front on it looked pretty wide and a bit menancing. the profile is simple and nice. there're lots of edges and lines like the c6 'vette, and overally there was not a fault w/ this design seen in person by me. i also got a look at the interior, which is really a good mix of retro styling cues and modern slick look. i especially like the 4 gauges on the center console

one other interesting thing, this car had a moonroof, which looks a bit funny on a muscle car. the moonroof shows how wide the car is, and also that it looks like the production version lost the twin-bubble roof look of the concept car stolen from the c6 'vette. that's all
Attached Thumbnails
newbie spotted some cool stuff!-c1-jpg   newbie spotted some cool stuff!-c2-jpg  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-20-2008, 07:58 PM   #2

dRanT22 is on a distinguished road
It's looking good, can't tell if thats a BBK or not. Is that the Brembo's just painted silver?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 06-20-2008, 08:06 PM   #3

kyvrwc is on a distinguished road
Good catch. That's two prototypes I've seen pictures of with a moonroof, which is what I want.
Old 06-20-2008, 08:08 PM   #4

kyvrwc is on a distinguished road
Oh, and welcome.
Old 06-20-2008, 08:18 PM   #5
Supporter of common sense

OverAnxious will become famous soon enoughOverAnxious will become famous soon enough
Nice find! Way to introduce yourself to the site

Any idea what movie it was for?

Hot Rod Search Google searches for gearheads!
Old 06-20-2008, 08:28 PM   #6

roaduscarnivorous is on a distinguished road
the pair of police posted there told me it was some tv movie w/ christian slater

the car looked really good
Old 06-20-2008, 08:32 PM   #7

BROOKLYN1 is on a distinguished road
do u remember tire size and rim size?
Old 06-20-2008, 08:43 PM   #8

camarorick is on a distinguished road
Thanks for the pics..... you didn't by chance get any interior pics ??
Old 06-20-2008, 08:58 PM   #9

PhoenixDeath27 is on a distinguished road
it says SS!!!!!!!!! ON THE GRILE!
Old 06-20-2008, 09:15 PM   #10

USMC is on a distinguished road
Welcome aboard and great pictures.

SF
Rick
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Sponsors