Introducing "Helios" - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts

Go Back   ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts > 5th Generation Camaro - News and Information > Camaro Convertible Discussion
Register Garage Photo Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Advertise Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Camaro Convertible Discussion Drop your top! Discuss the Camaro Convertible here.

ModernCamaro.com is the premier Chevrolet Camaro Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-26-2011, 02:55 PM   #1
THE FBODFATHER

Fbodfather will become famous soon enough
Introducing "Helios"

Introducing "Helios"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-- the ancient Greek god of the sun, represented as driving a chariot across the heavens..

(....and I thank God each day for how fortunate I am to be but a small part of the Camaro team - and of this community....................)

Got the call yesterday as I was traipsing thru Detroit Metro Airport.........

"Hello, Mr. Settlemire - this is Michelle with company vehicles - and I have your Captured Test Fleet Camaro waiting for you..."

(God Bless her!)

"When would you like to pick it up?"

(how 'bout yesterday!)

"You can come this afternoon if you'd like..."

Well - the LaCrosse had been parked at the airport and had a lot of snow on it - plus it was covered with salt (...it's black granite..)

So I said I'd stop by this morning......at dark o'clock.

And there he was -- tucked between an Escalade and a CTS Coupe (he keeps good company...)

I hit the button on the key fob and his eyes lit up.......as if to say:

"...........hello - I am Helios.........your chariot......where shall we go this morning?.........."

He had some ice and snow on him - so we went to the car wash and had it removed - stopped by the gas station to fill him up on 93 octane......one driver of a Silverado came over and asked if he could look him over........said he'd had an 88 IROC convertible that he wishes he still had....

Headed down Mound Road to miss some of the I-75 Traffic -- and interestingly, I had several people in Dodges (The Dodge Warren Truck Plant is on Mound Road) honk their horns - and give me the thumbs up.........

So....Helios is my CTF Camaro Convertible -- 1SS/RS - White with Black and Black - 6.2 with Automatic........not the best picture -- (he looks a bit silver in these...) He's got Pirelli Ice and Snows all around - so he should do just fine on wintry S. E. Michigan roads.............

He awaits his stripes......(orange or black?) - and hopefully he'll meet you at Oshawa in June!

I can hardly wait for the first sunny day.......

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-26-2011, 02:56 PM   #2

Dark SS is on a distinguished road
Looking forward to meeting him and seeing you again this summer Scott.
Old 01-26-2011, 03:35 PM   #3
Supporting Super Moderator

LorcinLS1 will become famous soon enough
I'd have to go with black in honor of my 98 Z I lost if I had a white 5th gen. I wanted to put black stripes on the 98 and never did. One day a hydroplaning ride ended that dream.

2010 Camaro RS SS LS3 (Bumble Bee) Vin#192 & 8 others made by GM and one Christine
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 01-26-2011, 03:56 PM   #4
Veteran Member

bamaproshop will become famous soon enoughbamaproshop will become famous soon enough
Awesome so well deserved i like black stripes also
2014 2LT White with spring edition package. Proud Litho Owner #28.
Old 01-26-2011, 04:06 PM   #5

GMGP5X is on a distinguished road
Look forward to meeting you both in June.I vote for orange stripes to make him stand out!!

Last edited by GMGP5X; 01-26-2011 at 04:09 PM.
Old 01-26-2011, 04:17 PM   #6
Veteran Member

TX_SS is on a distinguished road
YAY!! Congrats again I won't be making the trip to Oshawa as I'll be motoring along a path across the U.S. with the Hot Rod Power Tour at that time. I've met you before at the Camaro unveil party at Classic Chevy in Grapevine way back when.

I vote black stripes.
Old 01-26-2011, 04:57 PM   #7
Admin/ChevyBlazerRep

OceanChevy will become famous soon enoughOceanChevy will become famous soon enough
I thought it was Apollo that drove the chariot across the sky as the Ancient Greek God.... Just my two cents

"I live my life a quarter mile at a time, For those ten seconds or less, I'm free.
Old 01-26-2011, 05:09 PM   #8
ZL1 @ MSRP

little_bank_robber is on a distinguished road
I can't WAIT to meet you in Oshawa in June!

I like orange stripes on white.
anna@spartachevy.com

PROUD NAVY MOM
Old 01-26-2011, 05:12 PM   #9
www.camaroscotty.com

Camaro Scotty will become famous soon enoughCamaro Scotty will become famous soon enough
Yum, with a capital Y
CamaroScotty / FACEBOOK: Camaro Scotty / (262)573-1702 CELL / Email me - click here
Old 01-26-2011, 05:13 PM   #10

Pony Petite is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fbodfather View Post
Introducing "Helios"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-- the ancient Greek god of the sun, represented as driving a chariot across the heavens..

(....and I thank God each day for how fortunate I am to be but a small part of the Camaro team - and of this community....................)

Got the call yesterday as I was traipsing thru Detroit Metro Airport.........

"Hello, Mr. Settlemire - this is Michelle with company vehicles - and I have your Captured Test Fleet Camaro waiting for you..."

(God Bless her!)

"When would you like to pick it up?"

(how 'bout yesterday!)

"You can come this afternoon if you'd like..."

Well - the LaCrosse had been parked at the airport and had a lot of snow on it - plus it was covered with salt (...it's black granite..)

So I said I'd stop by this morning......at dark o'clock.

And there he was -- tucked between an Escalade and a CTS Coupe (he keeps good company...)

I hit the button on the key fob and his eyes lit up.......as if to say:

"...........hello - I am Helios.........your chariot......where shall we go this morning?.........."

He had some ice and snow on him - so we went to the car wash and had it removed - stopped by the gas station to fill him up on 93 octane......one driver of a Silverado came over and asked if he could look him over........said he'd had an 88 IROC convertible that he wishes he still had....

Headed down Mound Road to miss some of the I-75 Traffic -- and interestingly, I had several people in Dodges (The Dodge Warren Truck Plant is on Mound Road) honk their horns - and give me the thumbs up.........

So....Helios is my CTF Camaro Convertible -- 1SS/RS - White with Black and Black - 6.2 with Automatic........not the best picture -- (he looks a bit silver in these...) He's got Pirelli Ice and Snows all around - so he should do just fine on wintry S. E. Michigan roads.............

He awaits his stripes......(orange or black?) - and hopefully he'll meet you at Oshawa in June!

I can hardly wait for the first sunny day.......

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Sponsors