remote turn on for aftermarket amp - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts

Go Back   ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts > 5th Generation Camaro - Technical Discussions > Electronics & Audio
Register Garage Photo Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Advertise Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Electronics & Audio Stereo Components | Lighting | Radars | Alarms

ModernCamaro.com is the premier Chevrolet Camaro Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-27-2009, 11:07 AM   #1

10KAMP311 is on a distinguished road
remote turn on for aftermarket amp

I found the factory amp, but it is always on. Want to run an amp but not sure if I want it on all the time. Checked the rear fuse panel for an igniton switched lead but no luck.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-27-2009, 01:11 PM   #2

Steve@Subthump is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10KAMP311 View Post
I found the factory amp, but it is always on. Want to run an amp but not sure if I want it on all the time. Checked the rear fuse panel for an igniton switched lead but no luck.
That's the way my sub amp is. On when the factory amp is on. No big deal though really. The only way to have it on switched power is to run a wire from your amp to the front, put in a switch, and then run it all the way back. Or else pull the radio and find the amp remote wire, splice in, add your switch and then go to the back. More work than I had time for.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 08-27-2009, 01:13 PM   #3
Banned

Devryn will become famous soon enoughDevryn will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve@Subthump View Post
That's the way my sub amp is. On when the factory amp is on. No big deal though really. The only way to have it on switched power is to run a wire from your amp to the front, put in a switch, and then run it all the way back. Or else pull the radio and find the amp remote wire, splice in, add your switch and then go to the back. More work than I had time for.

Especially when you can just turn down the bass or volume...
Old 08-28-2009, 11:59 AM   #4

10KAMP311 is on a distinguished road
sub box

Here are some pics of my box amd amp one jl 12" w3 2 ohm sub and and alpine class d mono amp with a line out converter.
Attached Thumbnails
remote turn on for aftermarket amp-sub-box-amp-2010-camaro-006-jpg   remote turn on for aftermarket amp-sub-box-amp-2010-camaro-004-jpg   remote turn on for aftermarket amp-sub-box-amp-2010-camaro-003-jpg   remote turn on for aftermarket amp-sub-box-amp-2010-camaro-005-jpg  
Old 08-28-2009, 07:32 PM   #5

scourage is on a distinguished road
With the BA system, if your aftermarket amp has the remote on feature, like most do. You can use the white wire(pin 1) at connector X3 to tell your amp to turn on.
That is what I did, then power came straight from the battery below.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Sponsors