Factory Alarm in 2010 Camaro SS ? - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts

Go Back   ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts > 5th Generation Camaro - Technical Discussions > Electronics & Audio
Register Garage Photo Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Advertise Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Electronics & Audio Stereo Components | Lighting | Radars | Alarms

ModernCamaro.com is the premier Chevrolet Camaro Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-31-2009, 11:30 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Jekyll-N-Hyde will become famous soon enoughJekyll-N-Hyde will become famous soon enough
Factory Alarm in 2010 Camaro SS ?

OK guys before I know it my car will be here Sad to say my luck over the past 24 hours has been bad with theft so it leaves me wondering since I got a real expensive radar detector at christmas is the Factory Alarm good enough to use or will I be better off buying a different/aftermarket one?

I know my car already has automatic start and probably wont have shock sensor since most factory alarms dont however when its set and you open the doors will it go off ?

Any help would be Great if you know anything about this alarm

Thanks
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-31-2009, 12:17 PM   #2
Veteran Member

hypurone is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I know my car already has automatic start and probably wont have shock sensor since most factory alarms dont however when its set and you open the doors will it go off ?
Yes. From what I have read and tested on mine. It is an entry only alarm. It will sound for the doors, hood and trunk. No shock or glass sensor and it uses the cars' horn as the siren and simply honks at you repetitively...

NOTE: Your car will not remote start if any of the above are open....

"You Were Really Flyin' When I Passed You Back There!"
February-2013-MOTM-Winner

Last edited by hypurone; 12-31-2009 at 12:32 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 12-31-2009, 12:30 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Luwinkle will become famous soon enough
Yeah....most GM cars have this type of alarm. Heck, even my G5 does.
Old 12-31-2009, 12:33 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Jekyll-N-Hyde will become famous soon enoughJekyll-N-Hyde will become famous soon enough
thanks guys maybe after i get the car and I can shell out a few $$$$$$$$$ I may need to look into this.
Old 01-03-2010, 08:10 PM   #5

Yellow 2SS is on a distinguished road
If you don't want an extra remote, you can add a DEI (Viper,etc) add on alarm that will fill the gap. It will give you shock sensor, siren, and some other options (radar perimeter sensor if you want). I would not recommend getting starter kill unless you don't get the Onstar option. Even so, the transponder in the new cars is pretty hard to bypass I wonder if Onstar could text you when the alarm goes off?
Congrats on ordering your car!
Old 01-03-2010, 08:24 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow 2SS View Post
If you don't want an extra remote, you can add a DEI (Viper,etc) add on alarm that will fill the gap. It will give you shock sensor, siren, and some other options (radar perimeter sensor if you want). I would not recommend getting starter kill unless you don't get the Onstar option. Even so, the transponder in the new cars is pretty hard to bypass I wonder if Onstar could text you when the alarm goes off?
Thank you for the info
Old 01-04-2010, 07:43 AM   #7
Veteran Member

RedJewel2SS will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow 2SS View Post
i might be considering this option now! thanks for the info

Gone but not Forgotten!
Old 01-04-2010, 09:02 AM   #8
Supporter of common sense

OverAnxious will become famous soon enoughOverAnxious will become famous soon enough
Keep the detector, cord and mounting parts out of sight when the car is un-attended and you should be good to go

Hot Rod Search Google searches for gearheads!
Old 02-03-2010, 08:54 AM   #9

RogueSS is on a distinguished road
Or just forgo the detector. Being in law enforcement I can tell you I've abandoned any detectors I once had for a couple of reasons

1)They're worthless against Laser. By the time it goes off, the officer has your speed.

2)In car radar systems are only activated for short bursts when the officer hits a button and are used moving more than parked. Most times you won't get a signal that there's radar in the area until it's too late.

They are fun toys though...just don't plan on it saving you from a ticket.

And, OverAnxious is right, just keep things out of sight.

Car alarms don't deter people who break into cars. They're gone in 15 seconds. The only deterrent is to not leave things in plain sight...even coats. If there's nothing visible in the car, they'll move on to the next one. (I even remove my laptop computer from my patrol car, as people will break into our police vehicles)
Old 02-03-2010, 09:06 AM   #10
Veteran Member

bamaproshop will become famous soon enoughbamaproshop will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueSS View Post
Or just forgo the detector. Being in law enforcement I can tell you I've abandoned any detectors I once had for a couple of reasons

1)They're worthless against Laser. By the time it goes off, the officer has your speed.

2)In car radar systems are only activated for short bursts when the officer hits a button and are used moving more than parked. Most times you won't get a signal that there's radar in the area until it's too late.

They are fun toys though...just don't plan on it saving you from a ticket.

And, OverAnxious is right, just keep things out of sight.

Car alarms don't deter people who break into cars. They're gone in 15 seconds. The only deterrent is to not leave things in plain sight...even coats. If there's nothing visible in the car, they'll move on to the next one. (I even remove my laptop computer from my patrol car, as people will break into our police vehicles)

I agree radar detectors are not worth it IMO and just dont leave anything laying in plain view. I work at the bowling allet and when a car gets broking into its because they left a purse,wallet,laptop,or something that looks valuble laying on the seat. If they went it they will take it no matter what kind of alarm system you have. Plus nobody around pays any mind to an alarm going off anymore
2014 2LT White with spring edition package. Proud Litho Owner #28.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Sponsors