Subwoofer and amp... - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
Electronics & Audio Stereo Components | Lighting | Radars | Alarms

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 12-05-2016, 06:04 AM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Subwoofer and amp...

I'm considering an Alpine Type R sub and a Kenwood 501 amp for my trunk. This looks like something I can set up myself. The local audio store charges about $600 for parts and labor to set it all up. And their prices are a bit more than Best Buy...which is a bit more than Ebay and Amazon. So looking it over, it doesn't look like something I can't do myself. So I'll buy the parts and the wiring kit and do it. I can get the parts for around $300 or a little more than that. And I already have the RCA cables hooked up to my head unit. So it'll just be a matter of running the wires back and connecting them or whatever. I'll probably do this in a couple weeks. So I just figured I'd see if any of you have any advice or suggestions.

2017 Camaro ZL-1 A10

2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee Hemi 5.7 - Tuned!!

Proud to be the March 2013 Member Of The Month!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 12-09-2016, 06:51 PM
Premium Member

Garage
Do it yourself. Most of the audio stores' "professional" installers are just off the street guys with no actual training.

It's not hard to do, and it's YOUR car, so you'll take care of it, and not hack it up and hide the mess behind a panel.

A couple of tips:

Since you're running new cables, DON'T run audio cables next to power cables. You'll pick up noise. If you get your stuff from Crutchfield, you can get all the installation bits for cheap there, especially for your car.

James 1:25 Ordered from Faulkner Chevy #NKCF02 1100 5/8/9 2000, 3300 7/16/9 TPW 7/20,GOT MY (low) VIN! 4000 7/24/9 ,Picked up 8/7/9!!! Signed Litho #45. Car signed by FBodfather 2011. Service: Jennings Chevy in PA. We don't "drift", kiddies... we POWER SLIDE! MOTM/COTM Sept 2012 Pro Patria Vigilans.
Click the pic..
post #3 of 3 Old 12-10-2016, 02:17 PM

Garage
I worked at car toys in Ft. Worth for a while and it is simple to do you should not have a problem with the install if you have any problems let me know and I can try and walk you through it..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page