Getting my heated seats fixed this morning!! - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
General Technical Discussion General 5th Gen Tech
Anything that doesn't fit in one of the above categories goes here.

2Likes
  • 2 Post By Chapel

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 11-28-2016, 07:50 AM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Getting my heated seats fixed this morning!!

So I finally decided to get the heated seats fixed. And I'm having them look at the rear defroster. I think the issue with the defroster only happens when the car has sat for a while or the battery has drained down. Because it has happened before. Basically, if it sits for a long period of time, the defroster indicator comes on when I push the button but nothing happens. After driving the car a bit more often these past few days and recharging the battery I have not had any problems with it. But I wanted it looked at anyway. The heated seats definitely need to be fixed. I press the button to turn them on and the light comes on for a few seconds and goes off. The tech told me when I got the evap solenoid replaced that the elements in the seat were broken and that it would cost about $600. So I decided to go ahead and ante up the money. Between that, the rear speakers, and the evap solenoid, this car should be back to 100%. I might even get that back-up camera and subwoofer installed today, lol!! I'll let you guys know how it comes out when the seats are finished!!
JWD621 and gbvinla like this.

Nadia - 2010 Camaro LS3 2SS/RS - Vararam Tuned CAI, SLP UDP, VMax TB and Power Wedge, OBX 1-7/8 LTs, OBX 3" Cat-Back, Custom 3 inch Catless extensions, Custom Predator Tune, BER Ported Intake Manifold!!
Amy - 2015 Mustang GT Premium Convertible M6 - Bone Stock.
Proud to be the March 2013 Member Of The Month!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 11-30-2016, 02:34 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

I got the car back...finally, lol! It was a bit of a run around and it took an extra day. They said that the parts supplier forgot to load the heater elements onto the truck yesterday. So it had to stay there until today. But they gave me $90 off on the price. So the replacement of the seat and back elements on the driver side came out to $560 after the discount. Just in time for Christmas I guess, lol! So now they work fine and I have a 1 year warranty. Now my SS is back to normal!!

Nadia - 2010 Camaro LS3 2SS/RS - Vararam Tuned CAI, SLP UDP, VMax TB and Power Wedge, OBX 1-7/8 LTs, OBX 3" Cat-Back, Custom 3 inch Catless extensions, Custom Predator Tune, BER Ported Intake Manifold!!
post #3 of 5 Old 12-02-2016, 02:32 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

It is soo nice to have a warm seat when it is 30 degrees outside, lol!!

post #4 of 5 Old 12-02-2016, 06:36 PM
Bully Proof

Garage
Nothing better than a warm butt on a cold day...lol
It's always nice to have everything back to perfect.
And it's really good to see you Chapel!
post #5 of 5 Old 12-02-2016, 06:49 PM
Premium Member

Garage
Nice!

It takes forever to get my butt warmed up once it gets cold. I know you're lovin' it with winter on the way!

James 1:25 *I don't tolerate fools.* Ordered from Faulkner Chevy #NKCF02 1100 5/8/9 2000, 3300 7/16/9 TPW 7/20,GOT MY (low) VIN! 4000 7/24/9 ,Picked up 8/7/9!!! Signed Litho #45. Car signed by FBodfather 2011. Service: Jennings Chevy in PA. We don't "drift" kiddies... it's a POWER SLIDE! MOTM/COTM Sept 2012 Pro Patria Vigilans.
Click the pic..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page