Modern Camaro Forums banner

Camaro Convertible Won by Thirteen-Year-Old Boy

4K views 21 replies 15 participants last post by  patriotpa 
#1 ·

Jacob Krause is likely the coolest 13-year-old in Nebraska. The eighth-grader won a brand new Camaro convertible, which was the grand prize, in the 15th annual United Way of Western Nebraska Rubber Duck Dash.

Krause bought a dozen ducks, a week before the race that saw 20,000 rubber ducks thrown into a local river in a race to a net at the bottom. Jacob's duck just happened to get to the bottom first. Because he is a minor, Jacob's parents had to accept the Camaro for him.

Because he lives in a rural part of Nebraska, Jacob will be able to get a permit next year, when he is 14, that allows him to drive into town to get to his high school.

In the meantime, the Camaro may spend most of the time in the garage. To keep the battery charged Jacob "might" just let his parents drive it. His older brother, Michael may also be lucky enough to act as a chauffeur. Or perhaps work out another sort of deal with Jacob.
“I could lease it to him for $300 a month,” the eighth-grader joked at a press conference where he took possession of the convertible.

The Camaro as a grand prize, helped draw close to $90,000 in profits for the fundraiser. Jacob is part of the TeamMates program at his school, this program is one of the many that benefits through this United Way fundraiser.

[Source: Star Herald]

See less See more
#3 ·
looks like an ss too

#5 ·
It not an SS look at the brakes.....
Awesome deal though!

#8 ·
Good catch. The rims looked a little SSish, but you're absolutely right.

#7 ·
Poor kid. Now he has nothing left to look forward to in life.

...well..... at least after he turns 16 and can finally DRIVE the thing!

#13 ·
Don't make ASSumptions. If you will note, and read for COMPREHENSION, drive was italicized for emphasis, as in REALLY DRIVE the thing.

#16 · (Edited)
I do read for comprehension more so than most, and I comprehended exactly what you wrote, exactly the way you wrote it..

You capitalized it, but you did not italicized it.. Nor did you originally state "really drive", you said "finally drive"..

He will be able to finally drive it at age 14, in your secondary statement, yes he will be able to "really" drive it @ age 16 (provided he hasn't "really forked it up before then")...

so who is the "ASS" now for making an assumption?

#14 ·
I had my son read it and all he said was "lets find some contest to enter" and boy that boy is lucky...

#15 ·
OMG.... no... why can't that happen to me ! :p

Congrats to the kid... he's going to be the talk of his school for years..High school is one he won't forget !

#17 · (Edited)
Who elected you the "proper emphasis" cop?
Play nice, kiddies. We've got a good site here. Let's keep it that way and not make false accusations.

#18 ·
heed your own advice.. you made the first insult and accusation.

no one elected me anything, but since you want to be an asshat and call me out I responded to your post..

#20 ·
You guys both need to put away your ASSumptions, before I get a PIMPle-faced, SLAPstick moderator want-to-be to KICK your COCKiness to the side.... :)

#22 ·
I loved it!

...you may have a cookie now :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.