2016 Camaro Revealed - Page 2 - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 12 Old 07-10-2015, 11:44 AM

Unfortunately, the distinction from any other car on the road is what attracted us to our 2010 model, but the picture that started this thread looks so much like (dare I say it?) a FORD Mustang, that it is no longer an iconic, keynote design. The gills are gone, the greenhouse has regressed to a fastback shape and the nose is heading towards the sharper, Mustang point in the middle. It seems like the stories of the adoring public for the newest Camaro will become far and few between, like this example from my wife. She said she was at a traffic light about a year ago and a 20-something girl pointed at the Camaro and made a heart-shape with her hands and pantomimed that she loved the car. This was not a unique situation, in that we still receive comments from people when we arrive somewhere, be it for fuel or shopping. Many of these comments are about the aggressive styling, with several stating that they prefer the original body style over the latest offerings.

As a note, we have 95 thousand miles on Draak, and we take the utmost care of him in all ways. We were planning to buy a new Camaro and sell Draak to our daughter, but after the direction GM has gone in design, we decided to hold onto the 2010 and keep it running as long as we can, rather than wait for the 50th anniversary edition to come out.

Sorry GM, but the Camaro is just changing into something that doesn't allow it to visually stand out from the crowd any more.

Author's Note: Please realize that opinions are simply that, the thoughts of the individual, so the assumption that the opinion above is made for all Camaro owners would be incorrect. This opinion is simply lamenting the direction the GM stylists are heading, which seems to be towards making the vehicle look more generic.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 12 Old 03-21-2016, 05:01 PM

In the day bought a new '69 Camaro over the Datsun (Nissan) 240Z because the appearance of its egg crate grill, throaty rumble and powerful shaking of the 302s high rise cam at idle screamed American sports car over a pretentious bullet shaped rice burner.....bought the '15 simply because it reminded me of the classic Camaro shape. And all the memories flood back as I shift and zip through the winding mountain roads. The new '16 shape reminds me of the Datsun that I'm glad I never bought........I prefer the shape of the 60s era Batmobile over the contemporary one also.

Current Chevys - '15 Camaro LS '16 Silverado LT Z71; '16 new Malibu LT; '15 Traverse LT2
Previous Chevys: '13 Avalanche; '12 Avalanche LT; '11 Tahoe LT; '11 Malibu LS; '08 Trailblazer; '07 Avalanche; '06 Colorado WT....'80 Citation (POS); '75 Impala; 72 Chevelle; '69 Camaro R/T; '65 Impala SS; '62 Nova; '53 model 210
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page