(1) Some worms will eat themselves if they can't find any food.
(2) Butterflies taste with their feet.
(3) A duck's quack doesn't echo, and no one knows why.
(4) In 10 minutes, a hurricane releases more energy than all the world's nuclear weapons combined.
(5) On average, 100 people choke to death on ballpoint pens every year.
(6) On average people fear spiders more than they do death.
(7) Ninety percent of New York City cabbies are recently arrived immigrants.
(8) Thirty-five percent of the people who use personal ads for dating are already married.
(9) On average, about 4 people die because of computer/tv/ addiction a year (meaning they were to addicted to get any food or anything!).
(10) Only one person in two billion will live to be 116 or older.
(11) It's possible to lead a cow upstairs...but not downstairs.
(12) Women blink nearly twice as much as men.
(13) The Main Library at Indiana University sinks over an inch every year because when it was built, engineers failed to take into account the weight of all the books that would occupy the building.
(14) A snail can sleep for three years.
(15) No word in the English language rhymes with "MONTH" or "ORANGE".
(16) Average life span of a major league baseball: 7 pitches.
(17) Our eyes are always the same size from birth, but our nose and ears never stop growing.
(18) The electric chair was invented by a dentist.
(19) All polar bears are left handed.
(20) In ancient Egypt, priests plucked EVERY hair from their bodies, including their eyebrows and eyelashes.
(21) An ostrich's eye is bigger than its brain.
(22) TYPEWRITER is the longest word that can be made using the letters in the same row of the keyboard. (Try it).
(23) A crocodile cannot stick its tongue out.
(24) "Go." is the shortest complete sentence in the English language.
(25) If Barbie were life-size, her measurements would be 39-23-33. She would stand seven feet, two inches tall.
(26) The cigarette lighter was invented before the match.
(27) Americans on average eat 18 acres of pizza every day.
(28) Scientists say the higher your I.Q. the more you dream.
(29) The brain is much more active at night than during the day.
(30) The human brain cell can hold 5 times as much information as the Encyclopedia Britannica.
(32) The brain operates on the same amount of power as 10-watt light bulb.
(33) Nerve impulses to and from the brain travel as fast as 170 miles per hour.
(34) 80% of the brain is water.
(35) If the average man never shaved his beard it would grow to over 30 feet during his lifetime, longer than a killer whale.
(36) The Golden Gate Bridge was first opened in 1937.
(37)The Great Wall stretches for about 4,500 miles across North China.
(38) Amish people do not believe in the use of aerosol air fresheners.
(39) Annually 17 tons of gold is used to make wedding rings in the United States.
(40) If you hold your breath, you will not die. You will faint and start breathing again.
(41) A giraffe can clean its ears with its 21-inch tongue.
(42) The average person laughs 10 times a day.
(43) Sloths take two weeks to digest their food.
(44) There are more than fifty different kinds of kangaroos.
(45) Guinea pigs and rabbits can't sweat.
(46) A man named Charles Osborne had the hiccups for 69 years.
(47) Owls are the only birds who can see the color blue.
(48) Slugs have 4 noses.
(49) Chewing gum was invented over 9,000 years ago.
(50) It is impossible to sneeze with your eyes open.
(51) Dolphins sleep with one eye open.
(52) Most dust particles in your house are made from dead skin.
(53) Like fingerprints, everyone's tongue print is different.
(54) One quarter of the bones in your body, are in your feet.
(55) You're born with 300 bones, but by the time you become an adult, you only have 206.
(56) Earth is the only planet not named after a god.
(57) More People use blue toothbrushes then red ones.
(58) Human thigh bones are stronger than concrete.
(59) Your statistical chance of being murdered is one in twenty thousand.
(60) In Las Vegas, casinos do not have any clocks.
(61) The total number of steps in the Eiffel Tower are 1665.
(62) Fires on land generally move faster uphill than downhill.
(63) If someone was to fly once around the surface of the moon, it would be equal to a round trip from New York to London.
(64) In 1958, the Crayola crayon color "Prussian Blue" was changed to "Midnight Blue" by the request of teachers as kids could not relate to Prussian history.
(65) In China, September 20 is "Love Your Teeth Day."
(66) In Japan, the number four is considered to be unlucky because the Japanese word for four sounds very similar to the word death.
(67) In New York City, approximately 1,600 people are bitten by other humans annually.
(68) India has the most post offices in the world.
(69) One billion seconds is about 32 years.
(70) One gallon of used motor oil can ruin approximately one million gallons of fresh water.
(71) Studies show that divorced women have more trouble starting new relationships than divorced.
(72) The Mexican version of the Tooth Fairy is known as the Tooth Mouse, which takes the tooth and leaves treasures in its place.
(73) The average America online user spends 70 minutes day online.
(74) The average day is actually 23 hours, 56 minutes and 4.09 seconds. We ave a leap year every four years to make up for this shortfall.
(75) The average four year-old child asks over 350 questions a day.
(76) The first Halloween card was created in the 1920's.
(77) The largest diamond found in the United States was a 40.23 carat white diamond.
(78) The longest engagement lasted 67 years, and the couple ended up marrying when they were 82 years old.
(79) If you do not move in quick sand you will float.
(80) The most popular name for a pet in the United States is Max.
(81) Right handed people usually live about 10 years longer than left handed people.
(82) There are over 1,000,000 swimming pools in Florida, eventhough the ocean is no farther than 80 miles away.
(83) There is a large brass statue of Winnie-the-Pooh in Lima, Peru.
(84) The average person falls asleep in 7 minutes.
(85) The name Wendy was made up for the book "Peter Pan."
(86) Your stomach has to produce a new layer of mucus every 2 weeks otherwise it will digest itself.
(87) Reindeer like to eat bananas.
(88) By law, information collected in a U.S. census must remain confidential for 72 years.
(89) More people are killed annually by donkeys than airplane crashes.
(90) In the United States, a pound of potato chips costs two hundred times more than a pound of potatoes.
(91) A giraffe can go without water longer than a camel.
(92) There is a type of coffin made that can be used as a wine rack or picnic table before its final use.
(93) 1 out of every 4 kids in the USA is overweight.
(94) Your hair will continue growing after you die until all the cells in your body die.
(95) A fetus develops fingerprints at eighteen weeks.
(96) A fetus that is four months old, will becomes startled and turn away if a light is flashed on the mother's stomach.
(97) A human head remains conscious for about 15 to 20 seconds after it is been decapitated.
(98) Studies show that couples that smoke during the time of conception have a higher chance of having a girl compared to couples that do not smoke.
(99) The first known contraceptive was crocodile dung, used by Egyptians in 2000 B.C.
(100) A pregnant woman's dental health can affect her unborn child.
can you tell i'm really bored at work