Modern Camaro Forums banner

My build thread.

3K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  hotrodhoodrat 
#1 · (Edited)
I guess it is time to start a build thread. Like many of you I owned a camaro in my youth (78' RS) that I wish I never got rid of. She was black with red interior and Enkei 9 hole rims and I loved her. Then, in my early twenties I had the money (credit) to buy my first car on my own. I had the choice; a 69' Camaro or a brand new 89' Honda CRX Si. My Dad told me if I bought the Camaro that he could help me work on it, but if I bought the rice burner that he knew nothing on that car. I knew I was about to get married and needed something more dependable (and with a warranty)...I bought the Honda.

Now, don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the hell out of that Honda! Matter of fact, before I bought the 2010 2SS/RS, it was my favorite car I ever owned! But Dad was a Chevy Man and always gave me hell about owning my "Piece of Jap Crap". And as with any close Father/Son relationship, we gave each other grief and poked fun at the other's expense. Anytime I had an issue with my Honda he'd be right there, "Well, if you'd bought that 69' Camaro like I told ya, we'd be able to fix it ourselves.I guess your just screwed!" I kept the Honda until 1999 until my wife wrecked it and the insurance co. totaled it. 10 years of verbal abuse from the old man!

Skip to 2009, my 40th birthday and I am doing it big! Met family and friends for lunch that day at Hooter's and I had shaved a mohawk into my head and had a new tattoo! My Dad looks at me and laughs, tells me what an idiot I look like, and he has trouble looking at me without shaking his head. I didn't care, I was having fun with it, "It's just hair! It'll grow back!" My parents leave early because they have a plane to catch to Alaska. Kiss them both and tell them how much I love them.

Four days after my birthday I get a frantic phone call from my mother, my Dad has died of a massive heart attack on the Alaskan Cruise ship. Mom is 4000 miles away and I can't comfort her and hold her. All I can do is listen to her cry over the phone. Looked in the mirror with my mohawk and saw the idiot he was talking about. Hair cut the very next day...

One thing this taught me is life is TOO SHORT! If you want, can afford it, then go get it! When I saw the new Camaro in the Transformer movie...I wanted it! My truck was paid for and so was my wife's car. Didn't realize until I went to purchase it how much this car truly represented to me.

Bought the 20102SS/RS with the GFX painted and billet grill from a Honda dealership (of all places!) used with 5,000 miles on it and a 100,000mile warranty transferrable in September 2010. I know he'd LOVE this car!

Then I started seeing sooo many new Camaros on the road and decided I needed to make mine different, stand out. So, then started the mods. Mostly appearance mods, but now I have started the performance mods.

Appearance Mods:
Oracle Blue/White Halo lighting w/ foglights
HID Foglights
20" TSW Valencia wheels
Illuminated Bowtie Gloss black/Blue light (on backorder-Phastek)
Painted Admiral Blue Ghost Rally Stripes
Billet Grille
Painted GFX
Concept Style Side Markers (in Mail)
Dyed the White Stitching on the interior Blue
Footwell lighting
Cup Holder lighting
Blacked out taillights and reverse lights
Brushed Steel Chevy "SS" Logo under hood

Performance Mods:
BBK Cold Air Intake
Borla Axle back Touring exhaust

Wish List (Short Term):
Borla Long Tube Headers
Dyno/Tune
Paint Engine Cover/ Fusebox
Paint Brake Calipers

Long Term:
SUPERCHARGER!!

Attachments

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Here's some more pics...

Enjoy, I know I do! BTW, That's my Dad and I in my avatar...and No! I'm not one of the girls!:lol:

Attachments

#8 ·
Luv the lights N' awesome Mods :thumbsup::thumbsup:

#14 ·
Awesome mods..thx much for sharing :thumbsup::thumbsup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.