Anyone else crying cuz there Camaro is in storage??? - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts

Go Back   ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts > ModernCamaro.com Regional Forums > Midwest Members
Register Garage Photo Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Advertise Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Midwest Members MN, WI, IA, MO, IL, IN, MI, OH, NE, KS
Also visit: CHICAGO 5TH GEN, DETROIT 5TH GEN and EASTERN MICHIGAN CAMARO CLUB

ModernCamaro.com is the premier Chevrolet Camaro Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-15-2009, 10:43 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Swissbliss is on a distinguished road
Anyone else crying cuz there Camaro is in storage???

Stored my camaro a few weeks ago, just as the snow started! Missing it soo much!! counting the days! wondering if anyone else is feelin my pain! Born in Fl so just dieing at the thought that the south gets to roll there toys alllll year
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-15-2009, 10:45 AM   #2
Veteran Member

demonspeed will become famous soon enough
I'm crying because I don't have one

When I would store my cars, I always hoped for a clear day that I could just go out and take it for a quick spin. That always helped pass through the winter.
Present: '02 SS #7146
Past: '89 IROC-Z|'91 Z28|'00 SS #0795|'01 Z28
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 12-15-2009, 10:53 AM   #3
Veteran Member

POWERFREAK has a spectacular aura aboutPOWERFREAK has a spectacular aura about
yeah, winter sucks. The roads here are already caked w/ salt & sand. If we get some rain to clean off the roads a bit, I'll go for a quick spin...if not, I'd rather not subject my car to that kind of torture.
When you turn your car on, does it return the favor?

2010-2SS/RS/LS3/IBM/RP6: LSR Intake / American Racing Headers & Exhaust / PFADT Suspension / DSS 9" 4.11 Rear / Hurst Shifter / Perma-grin

Last edited by POWERFREAK; 12-15-2009 at 10:55 AM.
Old 12-15-2009, 11:20 AM   #4
Veteran Member

JoSSh is on a distinguished road
I'm driving my car through the winter...so nope

Rally Yellow 2SS/RS
Fifty years from now, when you're looking back at your life, don't you want to be able to say you had the guts to get in the car?
Old 12-15-2009, 11:23 AM   #5
Veteran Member

RedJewel2SS will become famous soon enough
i'm driving mine through winter but it is in the shop until tomorrow so yea ive been cryin since friday!

Gone but not Forgotten!
Old 12-15-2009, 11:24 AM   #6
Veteran Member

bamaproshop will become famous soon enoughbamaproshop will become famous soon enough
Im good thanks i get to drive mine year round.
2014 2LT White with spring edition package. Proud Litho Owner #28.
Old 12-15-2009, 11:26 AM   #7
Veteran Member

80s_Adam is on a distinguished road
I drove all my cars through winter when I had them, bikes are a little different though
Old 12-15-2009, 11:33 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Swissbliss is on a distinguished road
I had orginnally planned on pickin up some winter tires and rims from tirerack.com but at the last second I chickened out! I realized that I have'nt even gone on one road trip since I got it before the snow hit. So I figured that I better just store it so I get a fresh ride next summer. Would be such a bummer if i slide into a curb etc before I got one nice ride!
Old 12-15-2009, 11:41 AM   #9
Veteran Member

demonspeed will become famous soon enough
If you have the option to drive something else during the winter, then why not? It's nice to drive your car all the time, but it's not enjoyable to clean all the mess off of it or deal with any damage that is more likely to occur.
Present: '02 SS #7146
Past: '89 IROC-Z|'91 Z28|'00 SS #0795|'01 Z28
Old 12-15-2009, 11:52 AM   #10

seherr is on a distinguished road
Salt is bad for Vehicles

Yes, It hurts to see it covered in my garage. But I have to protect it from the salt. Rain and snow won't hurt it. But, that salt will just eat it away. Heres a little tid bit. Here in Michigan we sit on top of a massive salt field.
So, salt is real cheap to mine. They pour it all over every road! Now, salt does not work in the extreme cold. That because salt is actually activated by heat. Here is the real problem. Driving when the salt has been laid down. The warmer road surface activate the salt. Turns the snow to slush. You drive over it and splash it around the underside and surface of your vehicle. If you park your car outside where it is cold the salt will revert back to minerial . Some damage (minimal) will occur to metal surfaces. (sheetmetal will always revert back to iron ore. that is the rust) Now, if you park it in a warmed garage. The warmer temps along with the moisture in the air. Will activate the salt continously and expedite the process... And most attached garages are consideraly warmer than the outside temp. So alway consider this before this before driving your car thru the salt covered roads and park it in your warm garage. Always store your vehicle after you have washed and completely dried it. (give it a few hours for the water to evaporate). Also, never cover your car after the engine has been running and is warm. Let it cool down first.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Sponsors