Puppy needs a home! - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts

Go Back   ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts > ModernCamaro.com Regional Forums > Midwest Members
Register Garage Photo Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Advertise Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Midwest Members MN, WI, IA, MO, IL, IN, MI, OH, NE, KS
Also visit: CHICAGO 5TH GEN, DETROIT 5TH GEN and EASTERN MICHIGAN CAMARO CLUB

ModernCamaro.com is the premier Chevrolet Camaro Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-29-2008, 04:57 PM   #1

Greenie is on a distinguished road
Puppy needs a home!

For those of you who don't know, I work at a vet and work with a pet rescue. Here is my latest story:

I fostered Melaine (Miley) and her three siblings when she was just a puppy, about 12 weeks old. She was adopted quickly by a couple and her two girls. Here is a picture from right before she was adopted:

Well, 5 months later (about a month ago), she was returned. The couple broke up shortly after they adopted Melanie (they named her Miley ... she responds to Miley). The woman, who kept the puppy, then lost her house for whatever reason. She, her two children and the puppy moved 4 times in that 5 months ... each time staying with a family, their children and resident dog. Her two children ... aka devil children ... were terrible to the pup. They are both special needs (so the ex boyfriend says), but were just terrible to the dog ... threw her around, yanked, pulled, proded, etc. They were never taught how to properly handle the puppy. The mom took pup to basic training at PetSmart, and she passed. She knows "sit" and "paw," we're working on "stay" and "come." However, over the 5 months with that family, she became toy/bone aggressive. Not food aggressive, because she is perfect with a bowl of kibble. But with toys and bones, she gets aggressive when you try and take it away. Why?? In each home, there was a resident dog that was boss. There were two children who constantly took her possessions away. When she would gank food off the table (she was never taught not to), they would yell and take it away. She learned to trust no one with her possessions. Eventually, she got so bad with eating from their plates, they'd just keep her in a kennel ALL day.

So, they returned her to me. Dean and I began working with her, a lot! Giving her bones and toys when she is alone so she can learn that someone/another dog isn't always going to take her things away ... praising her when she does give up a toy/bone/something she isn't supposed to have, etc. We had her for about 2 1/2 weeks before she was adopted again. YAY! .... No. He returned her today, after 2 1/2 weeks with him. Why? It isn't because she is aggressive (he worked really well with her too, she is getting SO MUCH better!) ... it's because he doesn't feel he is being fair to his own dog, spending so much time with Miley! UGH!

So now we have her again. Miley is about 9 months old She is WONDERFUL, really! She loves my two dogs, and even gets along with the cats! She never chases them, and remember ... I have quite a few! She loves to lay on the couch and snuggle, and LOVES to run around like ... a puppy!! She is very affectionate, and very playful. She is current on her vaccines, fecal, heartworm test and has been spayed.

I know most of you aren't interested in another pup, but please .. spread the word! Thanks.

(side note -- see the red bone in the first puppy picture? Now look at it again in the third picture! She LOVED that toy the first time I had her, and she still loves it!!)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-10-2008, 03:00 PM   #2

Greenie is on a distinguished road
Miley still needs a forever home. She's such a good girl, I feel bad dragging her to adoption shows week after week.

Spread the word! Thanks.
Old 09-10-2008, 04:03 PM   #3
Veteran Member

sdoomxz will become famous soon enough
Awww No you Didnt....Showing Pictures Is almost always A breaking point For me Cute Dog,I wish i Could Because i would...But wife is Alergic To dogs...But not Cats Weird.
Old 09-10-2008, 06:41 PM   #4
Veteran Member

tazjetman is on a distinguished road
i could use a friend right now but no room i wish you good luck tho

What can I say I love virtual plowing.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 09-10-2008, 11:05 PM   #5

super_sport is on a distinguished road
just got my new great dane puppy! but if i hadn't done that i would've considered...
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 09-11-2008, 05:00 PM   #6

Nitr0Racing21 is an unknown quantity at this point
where do you live? my dog pass in april I need a new one. I miss coming home to someone when late at night

Quote:
Originally Posted by FranknBeans View Post
I don't care who the F you are. . . She needs kicked right in the "C" for standing on the car. .

Last edited by Nitr0Racing21; 09-11-2008 at 05:05 PM.
Old 09-11-2008, 05:48 PM   #7

super_sport is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitr0Racing21 View Post
where do you live? my dog pass in april I need a new one. I miss coming home to someone when late at night
He lives i Elgin Illinois..... it says it right under his avatar
Old 09-11-2008, 10:55 PM   #8

Nitr0Racing21 is an unknown quantity at this point
ha never seen that lol, to far for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by FranknBeans View Post
I don't care who the F you are. . . She needs kicked right in the "C" for standing on the car. .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Sponsors