New to the forum and to GM! - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
New Member Introductions New to ModernCamaro.com? Stop in and introduce yourself!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 Old 04-04-2017, 11:39 AM Thread Starter

Garage
New to the forum and to GM!

Hello all! Brian here representing southern California. Just picked up a 2013 white LS 6speed daily driver. Going to do a few engine mods, add fog lights, spoiler, maybe a new front bumper and projector headlights. I've been working on cars for 16 years, always Toyotas and pretty much that's where I learned about cars mostly. Have worked on a few domestic friends cars, but over all pretty much know my way around a shop. New to GM, never had a chevy before and was nervous to buy American but if I was going to it wasn't going to be dodge or ford. Fords are expensive to fix and need to be fixed a lot. Dodges are like a super hot girl, they may look nice but after a while you figure out they have a ton of problems, cost you too much and aren't worth it . Anyways, hope to meet some knowledgeable people on here and get some feedback as well give feedback when I learn enough to be knowledgeable myself. Pics of the ride to come shortly...

2013 Camaro LS (DD)
1990 Celica All-Trac (weekend rally car)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 04-04-2017, 02:21 PM
Premium Member

Garage
Welcome to American Muscle!

You'll want to read a bunch of stuff on here before you even consider engine mods. That V6 you've got is one special and very high tech steed. Treat her right, and she'll perform. Abuse her, and she'll bite back.

I don't know much about that V6, mine's an L99, but don't worry, we've got some VERY knowledgeable vendors on here who can help you decide what to do to make it yours, and still keep it drivable and trouble free.

I was going to direct you to the Snake Oil thread, but I can't find it. Our unscrupulous vendor may have whined until he got it pulled. He's always got a sale going.

James 1:25 *I don't tolerate fools.* Ordered from Faulkner Chevy #NKCF02 1100 5/8/9 2000, 3300 7/16/9 TPW 7/20,GOT MY (low) VIN! 4000 7/24/9 ,Picked up 8/7/9!!! Signed Litho #45. Car signed by FBodfather 2011. Service: Jennings Chevy in PA. We don't "drift" kiddies... it's a POWER SLIDE! MOTM/COTM Sept 2012 Pro Patria Vigilans.
Click the pic..
post #3 of 12 Old 04-04-2017, 05:17 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by patriotpa View Post
Welcome to American Muscle!

You'll want to read a bunch of stuff on here before you even consider engine mods. That V6 you've got is one special and very high tech steed. Treat her right, and she'll perform. Abuse her, and she'll bite back.

I don't know much about that V6, mine's an L99, but don't worry, we've got some VERY knowledgeable vendors on here who can help you decide what to do to make it yours, and still keep it drivable and trouble free.

I was going to direct you to the Snake Oil thread, but I can't find it. Our unscrupulous vendor may have whined until he got it pulled. He's always got a sale going.
Thanks! haha, the only snake oil I buy is full synthetic . Well I actually use to work at Jet Performance in Huntington beach CA a while ago, so I think i'll get my programmer or module from them. Just going to look around for a cold air intake that isn't $300+, at that point I'd fab up my own you know? I've actually seen some $70-75 flea bay ones, and amazon.com has one for under $80 as well. the resonators have been removed by the original owner so she makes a little more noise than stock, but I need 2.5" (IIRC) is the right size piping from the cat's to the tip so its a full flowing setup. Run some 91 octane and I think i'll be happy with those HP increases. Maybe think about headers or maybe a larger throttle body if they help down the road.

Time for me to get use to the American lingo, L99 is the 6.2L V8?

2013 Camaro LS (DD)

post #4 of 12 Old 04-05-2017, 01:44 PM
Premium Member

Garage
Yep! L99 is the 6.2L V8 paired with the automatic transmission.
LS3 is the version paired with the slower manual tranny.

James 1:25 *I don't tolerate fools.* Ordered from Faulkner Chevy #NKCF02 1100 5/8/9 2000, 3300 7/16/9 TPW 7/20,GOT MY (low) VIN! 4000 7/24/9 ,Picked up 8/7/9!!! Signed Litho #45. Car signed by FBodfather 2011. Service: Jennings Chevy in PA. We don't "drift" kiddies... it's a POWER SLIDE! MOTM/COTM Sept 2012 Pro Patria Vigilans.
Click the pic..
post #5 of 12 Old 04-05-2017, 04:02 PM
Veteran Member

Garage
Hello from Alabama and welcome to our forum....

2014 2LT/RS with spring edition package. Proud Litho Owner #28.
post #6 of 12 Old 04-06-2017, 12:38 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Yep! L99 is the 6.2L V8 paired with the automatic transmission.
LS3 is the version paired with the slower manual tranny.
WOW slower manual tranny? those sound like racing words

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamaproshop View Post
Hello from Alabama and welcome to our forum....
thanks.

2013 Camaro LS (DD)
post #7 of 12 Old 04-06-2017, 04:15 PM Thread Starter

Garage
The new whip
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	camaro.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	82.5 KB
ID:	51033  

2013 Camaro LS (DD)
post #8 of 12 Old 04-09-2017, 08:06 PM
Premium Member

Garage
Whip

Car
New to the forum and to GM!-camaro.jpg
...or maybe we should call it a woobie?

Click the pic..
post #9 of 12 Old 04-11-2017, 11:41 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Whip

Car

...or maybe we should call it a woobie?
haha, not following...

2013 Camaro LS (DD)
post #10 of 12 Old 04-18-2017, 01:24 PM
赤い 竜

Garage
Congrats and welcome Brian... Nice ride....Have fun modding...

Nancy..........2017 ZL1, M6, NPP - Red Dragon (Chaos)
Previous rides: 2011 2SS M6, 2013 Hotwheels RS-A6, 2015 1SS/1LE M6, 2016 2SS-A8

Last edited by Nancygrl; 04-18-2017 at 01:27 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page