New to the Forum - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
New Member Introductions New to ModernCamaro.com? Stop in and introduce yourself!

2Likes
  • 1 Post By JWD621
  • 1 Post By Deputy347k9

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 Old 04-07-2017, 12:16 AM Thread Starter

New to the Forum

At this moment I am the newest member of the Forum! Not new to the GM family. Besides my Camaro I also have a 96 Impala SS (six speed), have owned 60, 61, 62, 63 and 64 Impala SS vehicles, one 54 3100 as well as a beautiful 68 RT Charger.

Retired U.S. Marine as well as a retired LEO from the North East, now residing Eastern, NC.

This is the very first Camaro I have ever owned. purchased out of Ohio, one owner 2014 Ashen Gray Metallic 2LT with the RS package. Purchase with 4,454 miles.

I am sure in time I will have a million questions as I watch what you all are doing to yours.

Thanks for having me here. Be safe friends. Larry
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 04-07-2017, 11:48 PM
Bully Proof

Garage
Congratulations on your Camaro purchase and welcome to the forum.
post #3 of 9 Old 04-08-2017, 06:55 AM Thread Starter

Thank you very much for the "welcome". I am excited about owning my very "first" Camaro and my very "first convertible" in my 65 years! I purchased the Camaro this past week but have not picked it up as of yet. This coming Thursday I fly out of New Bern, NC to Dayton, Ohio. Then driving on down to Mountain City, TN to visit a old friend of mine from years past. From there I will head back into Easter NC, arriving probable on Saturday evening Sunday morning at the outside.

The vehicle has exactly 4,454 miles on the clock, I am going to add about 750-800 miles during my trip. For the last two nights I have not been able to sleep well at all. Excited as I was the day I got my first 1961 Impala SS that had a 348 with 3 deuces (miss that car), being young and foolish I totaled the car when loosing control at a very high speed! Took out 21 guide rails before I went over the embankment and hit the biggest hemlock tree in that section of woods! I was thrown from the vehicle and I think a couple of doctors got some overtime pay stitching that dumb kids body up. NO MORE OF THAT!

I have been wanting a Camaro since the new ones debuted back in 2010! The wife kept saying, "stop your sulking because your not getting one"! She finally relented and told me to find a very nice one and a color she liked. I sort of wanted the "golden banana yellow" one but she had a head trip. Our mutual choice with this dark gray sapphire.

Hope to someday meet a bunch of you folks. Stay safe.

Larry

post #4 of 9 Old 04-08-2017, 07:14 AM
Premium Member

Garage
Welcome Larry

I too am your age and feel like I'm 18 all over again when I drive mine every day, now have 80k mile on her. Like you, but I had a '64 Impala SS with a 409 with two carter afb's on it from the factory.
Was a rare car and wish I had kept it but sold it to build a 1966 Chevelle SS 396 my Sr year of high school in 1971.

Where did the good times go?
JW
Deputy347k9 likes this.

2010 2SS/RS A6 L99 Born 09/16/2009 Vin#9146985
ModernCamaro Car of the Month Jan 2013
CAI,Axle back exhaust, V Max Throttle Body
post #5 of 9 Old 04-08-2017, 05:14 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWD621 View Post
Welcome Larry

I too am your age and feel like I'm 18 all over again when I drive mine every day, now have 80k mile on her. Like you, but I had a '64 Impala SS with a 409 with two carter afb's on it from the factory.
Was a rare car and wish I had kept it but sold it to build a 1966 Chevelle SS 396 my Sr year of high school in 1971.

Where did the good times go?
JW
Time is our biggest enemy and no way to slow her down. I have been wanting a Camaro for many years and never thought I would have one. Like you realizing time is against us I said to heck with it and bit the bullet. I also have a 96 Impala SS that has just under 9K on the clock. I have spent over 50K in building this car the way I think it should have been built, about 425 HP at the wheels, six speed with 373 gears. Fun to drive but I have a feeling the Camaro will be a whole new experience.

The 409 engine was Chevrolet's answer to Chrysler's 426. The took the 348 and lo and behold the 409. Wonderful and very expensive car today.

Nice chatting my friend. I have made a couple of posts asking for suggestions but no response? Hoping the traffic here gets a tad busier.

Larry
JWD621 likes this.
post #6 of 9 Old 04-09-2017, 11:32 AM
Veteran Member

Garage
Hello from Alabama and welcome to

2014 2LT/RS with spring edition package. Proud Litho Owner #28.
post #7 of 9 Old 04-18-2017, 01:18 PM
赤い 竜

Garage
Larry......Congrats and welcome It is a little slow, but it does pick up in here and super nice folks

and Thanks for your service

Nancy..........2017 ZL1, M6, NPP - Red Dragon....aka Chaos
Previous rides: 2011 2SS M6, 2013 Hotwheels RS-A6, 2015 1SS/1LE M6, 2016 2SS-A8

Last edited by Nancygrl; 04-18-2017 at 01:20 PM.
post #8 of 9 Old 04-21-2017, 09:24 AM
Premium Member

Welcome Larry. Like JWD and you I am 65 with lots of muscle car background. 65 GTO was my first, 66 Chevelle SS was my last. Poured everything I had into that one and it would pull the front wheels at launch. Three year restoration on a 68 Camaro which I chose to keep stock (family man). Had a 91 Camaro convertible at age 55, 2013 1LT Convertable in Ash Gray Metalic until I saw my present dream car. 2012 2SS/RS convertible. The wife saw red, I saw SS. Enjoy the ride my friend.

SW shorty's, Borla ATAK cat back, SLP Blackwing CAI, Diode Dynamics DRL's, Technostalgia LED sequential tail lights. beauty bar.

post #9 of 9 Old 04-21-2017, 07:06 PM
sdk
Veteran Member

Garage
Welcome!! I'm on my second Camaro. The first was a 2010 2LT that I had for 55,500 miles. Great car!!

2017 Camaro SS
South Carolina
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page