Brembo Big Brake Kit!! - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts

Go Back   ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts > 5th Generation Camaro - Technical Discussions > Tires, Wheels, Brakes & Suspension forum
Register Garage Photo Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Advertise Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Tires, Wheels, Brakes & Suspension forum Tires, Wheels, Brakes & Suspension Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack 877-522-8473 Advertisement

ModernCamaro.com is the premier Chevrolet Camaro Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-16-2009, 03:10 PM   #1

CamaroMike is on a distinguished road
Brembo Big Brake Kit!!

Hey everyone! I had mentioned a while back that I was the prototype car for a brake kit, but couldn't say which one as it wasn't ready for the market yet. Well it was Brembo! They have completed the kit, and I just got it yesterday, it's being installed as we speak The specs on the kit are as follows:

Front:
6 Piston Monoblock Caliper
380mm (15 inches) Drilled (or slotted) 2-piece Rotors
$4250

Rear:
4 Piston Monoblock Caliper
380mm (15 inches) Drilled (or slotted) 2-piece Rotors
$3395

I had them custom painted to ZR-1 Jetstream Blue with a white Brembo Logo. I only have one picture of them off the car, since I forgot to take a picture of the kit still in the box. I've attached it here. I will get more pics once I get the car back.

For those who don't have or want to spend the money on the full GT kit as seen above, Brembo has an upgrade kit to upgrade the stock calipers to the same 6 piston and 4 piston calipers from the GT kit, but you retain your stock rotors. The pricing is as follows.

Latest news from Brembo and Race Technologies...

The new Camaro "caliper only" upgrades are ready! You can order them with red or yellow or silver or black calipers at no extra charge. The upgrades fit the Camaro SS.

These are 6-piston Monoblock front calipers and 4-piston Monoblock rear calipers to be used with the stock brake discs. The calipers come with the Ferodo FM1000 high performance brake pads and we also include Goodridge stainless steel brake lines and caliper mounting hardware.

These upgrades are a great low cost alternative to the full Brembo GT systems using the same Monoblock calipers and pads.

Retail for the front system is only $1995.
Retail for the rear system is only $1795.
Attached Thumbnails
Brembo Big Brake Kit!!-img00078-jpg  

Delivered: 2SS/RS CGM M6 - VIN #7460

Last edited by CamaroMike; 07-21-2009 at 05:20 PM. Reason: Updated with pictures
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-16-2009, 03:15 PM   #2
ModernCamaro.com Founder
and Camaro Disciple

OctaneZ28 has a reputation beyond reputeOctaneZ28 has a reputation beyond reputeOctaneZ28 has a reputation beyond reputeOctaneZ28 has a reputation beyond reputeOctaneZ28 has a reputation beyond reputeOctaneZ28 has a reputation beyond reputeOctaneZ28 has a reputation beyond reputeOctaneZ28 has a reputation beyond reputeOctaneZ28 has a reputation beyond reputeOctaneZ28 has a reputation beyond reputeOctaneZ28 has a reputation beyond repute
Nice! That's gonna be a nice popular kit.
It'll be the perfect upgrade for those who want to thrash on the car on road courses.

Looking forward to more pics of the kit and the completed setup on the car!
Like ModernCamaro.com on Facebook!
Follow ModernCamaro.com on Twitter!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 07-16-2009, 05:31 PM   #3

CamaroSS/RS is on a distinguished road
Holy Crap thats awesome any word on a price? or do we have to wait for a bit?
Old 07-16-2009, 05:56 PM   #4
Veteran Member

sdoomxz will become famous soon enough
4-5000 i bet nice though
Old 07-17-2009, 10:09 AM   #5

I'll post up some pics of it on the car and I'll list pricing this afternoon. I love this kit though, it feels awesome, stops great, and looks beautiful!!

Old 07-17-2009, 04:10 PM   #6

CamaroSS/RS is on a distinguished road
arggg i cant wait for pics of the complete set up on your car its going to look so sweet
Old 07-17-2009, 04:16 PM   #7
Veteran Member

sdoomxz will become famous soon enough
8000 grand for all corners? i dont see many ppl buying them, how much distance is being shaved off?
Old 07-17-2009, 05:17 PM   #8
Supporter of common sense

OverAnxious will become famous soon enoughOverAnxious will become famous soon enough
Those calipers will look nice on your Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modsled View Post
8000 grand for all corners? i dont see many ppl buying them, how much distance is being shaved off?
I agree. I can buy a nice winter beater for $8K

Hot Rod Search Google searches for gearheads!
Old 07-17-2009, 05:53 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modsled View Post
You pay for quality my friend This kit isn't designed for everyone, nor the everyday driver. It's a GT kit (Gran Tourismo) made for racing. I don't know how much shorter the car will stop with this kit, I just know that it was mainly designed to eliminate brake fade during high heat and high friction situations. I haven't been able to confirm yet, but as far as I could tell when holding both the stock kit and the GT kit, these are the same weight or lighter than stock. I'm sure they help the car stop better seeing as how they're bigger, stronger, and have a larger surface area, but the main quality these brakes bring to the table is duarbility and pedal feel

Old 07-17-2009, 05:54 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverAnxious View Post
Those calipers will look nice on your Camaro
Thank you sir! I was hoping that color would turn out nice, I think they turned out better than expected

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Sponsors