Modern Camaro Forums banner

Snowtires

4K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  paul84043 
#1 ·
:)I reasantly purchased a 2010 2LT RS Camaro & planning to run it this winter & am looking for some advice on what to run for snow tires, should I pick up a set for my 20" rims or would it be more practical to pick up a used set of 18" on ebay & get snow's for them. :5go:

#2 ·
Well, I can tell you what I did, I've driven mine in 2 winters.

I picked up the 20" Pirelli scorpion Ice and snows, and put them on my stock rims. This was the cheapest option available in 2009, and the car looked and felt stock in the winter.

The local tire shop said they would mount and re-mount the summer tires for free.

I then wound up getting a set of 20" take offs for about $600 or so. Keep in mind the 20's are the most common for this car, and usually someone is selling a set.

Once I got the other set of rims, I got another set of TPMS, then I got the tires mounted and balanced.

I wanted to do the 18" method, but there wasn't as many take off sets available in 2009.

18" tires are cheaper than 20's

#9 ·
Yup, Tire Rack rocks. I a set of SM wheels, all 20 x 8 and 4 245/45-20 Scorpion Ice and Snows. With TPMs around 2k. I ran them all last winter in WI and they are awsome. Just don't try to run chrome wheels in the salt.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.