V6 Power adders ? - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts

Go Back   ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts > 5th Generation Camaro - Technical Discussions > V6 Engine Discussion
Register Garage Photo Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Advertise Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

V6 Engine Discussion 3.6L LLT V6 | Exhaust | Ignition | Induction | Intakes

ModernCamaro.com is the premier Chevrolet Camaro Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-27-2010, 02:18 PM   #1

2010Glasstop is on a distinguished road
V6 Power adders ?

Hi all I'm new and from New Jersey, name is Bob. Just looking for some advise on what can be done to the V6 to add power to the car, like LT Headers?, CAI Intake ?, any cams for this engine yet ? Thanks for the help, or send me to your tech group Thanks
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-27-2010, 02:29 PM   #2
Veteran Member

RedJewel2SS will become famous soon enough
welcome

first thing you ought to do is check locally for anyone who has the capabilites of tuning a V6, cuz not many are or don't have much experience, plus the power programmers out are not supporting the v6 yet.

i haven't heard of any cam swaps yet.

your best bet is a cold air intake, exhaust, and if you can find a reputable tuner, get headers and a tune.

there are several intakes for the v6 to choose from. the ones i would recommend are either the Airaid or Injen. for exhaust, get a cat-back system. go to youtube to find the sound you like, i would recommend magnaflow, MRT, borla, or corsa. for LT headers, hands down American Racing ; that was an easy choice.

you might be close enough to NY to visit Chuck's Tuning, he is a legend up there from what i here.

next step would be the looks of the car: drop springs or coilovers if your brave, some sweet wheels, maybe even some different color halo's from AAC... look at me spending your money

best of luck

Gone but not Forgotten!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 04-27-2010, 03:05 PM   #3
Veteran Member

bamaproshop will become famous soon enoughbamaproshop will become famous soon enough
I have already done an Airaid CAI and Magnaflow exhaust and very happy with the results... And i have the V-6 btw

If you search youtube look for bamaproshop for my videos on my exhaust.
2014 2LT White with spring edition package. Proud Litho Owner #28.
Old 04-27-2010, 03:16 PM   #4
ModernCamaro.com Founder
and Camaro Disciple

OctaneZ28 has a reputation beyond reputeOctaneZ28 has a reputation beyond reputeOctaneZ28 has a reputation beyond reputeOctaneZ28 has a reputation beyond reputeOctaneZ28 has a reputation beyond reputeOctaneZ28 has a reputation beyond reputeOctaneZ28 has a reputation beyond reputeOctaneZ28 has a reputation beyond reputeOctaneZ28 has a reputation beyond reputeOctaneZ28 has a reputation beyond reputeOctaneZ28 has a reputation beyond repute
Welcome to ModernCamaro.com, Bob!

I'm gonna move this thread to the V6 section.
Like ModernCamaro.com on Facebook!
Follow ModernCamaro.com on Twitter!
Old 04-27-2010, 07:44 PM   #5

scrming is on a distinguished road
Welcome!

We're really not having a lot of luck squeezing a lot more power out of the 6... The stock tune is highly optimized from the factory... no real gains there. CAIs... well the only kit that has shown any gain in independent testing is the Injen CAI.. Exhaust has some gains but not a lot... biggest gains is going to be with long tubes and high flow cats... but depending on where you live emissions might be an issue... I'm also not sold on the exhaust sound of that kind of setup...

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news... but seems the days of easy bolt-on power is gone....

Now if you want to do some serious work like heads... well there is some gains to be had there but it's going to be $$$$ plus the labor involved...

But speaking of springs and wheels... Just lowered mine and put some Boss wheels on... LOL

She's pretty as a daisy but look out man she's crazy
Tuned by Trifecta | JBA Headers | Injen CAI | MRT Ver. 2.0 Exhaust | MRT Engine Cover | H&R Sport Springs
Poison Ivy
Old 04-27-2010, 07:52 PM   #6
Premium Member

Orange5thGen is on a distinguished road
Welcome Bob!

Scrming those wheels look great!!!! 305's are looking real good!!!!
2011 White Convertible 1LT IOM, Full JDM Colorshift Halo upgrade, Showstopper Camaro Bowtie Led Mirrors and Engine cover, Pace Setter Cat Back Exhaust, BK Coilover Kit, 21x9.5 and 21X8.5 Full Custom Cromed 21" GM wheels, Tinted windows, I WIN BEARS Plate. Full IOM dash and door update with IOM interior panels.
Old 04-27-2010, 07:56 PM   #7
Veteran Member

demonspeed will become famous soon enough
I don't have anything to contribute to the V6 modifications -- sorry... I just wanted to mention that scrming's RS looks great
Present: '02 SS #7146
Past: '89 IROC-Z|'91 Z28|'00 SS #0795|'01 Z28
Old 04-28-2010, 07:07 AM   #8

2010Glasstop is on a distinguished road
Smile v6 engine tech help

Thank you all for your comments, I'm looking into the LT Headers, CAI, and Cat Back systems, I think I found a tuner in central jersey, garwood, nj.
Any up grades with the 6L50 tranny out there ? Thanks a bunch, Bob.

Oh and yes, Scrming RS Car is Hot !.... Kinda looks like mine less the wheels. Very Nice Guys.

Last edited by 2010Glasstop; 04-28-2010 at 07:10 AM.
Old 04-28-2010, 01:07 PM   #9

scrming is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010Glasstop View Post
Thank you all for your comments, I'm looking into the LT Headers, CAI, and Cat Back systems, I think I found a tuner in central jersey, garwood, nj.
Any up grades with the 6L50 tranny out there ? Thanks a bunch, Bob.

Oh and yes, Scrming RS Car is Hot !.... Kinda looks like mine less the wheels. Very Nice Guys.
Is he actually doing engine tunes or only trans tunes? Only actually tuner I know of doing engine tunes for the V6 is Trifecta...

She's pretty as a daisy but look out man she's crazy
Tuned by Trifecta | JBA Headers | Injen CAI | MRT Ver. 2.0 Exhaust | MRT Engine Cover | H&R Sport Springs
Poison Ivy
Old 04-29-2010, 09:03 AM   #10
Premium Member

Orange5thGen is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrming View Post
Is he actually doing engine tunes or only trans tunes? Only actually tuner I know of doing engine tunes for the V6 is Trifecta...
+1 Trifecta is the only one that I know of so far and I do them.....

I can do engine and Auto Trans tunes...
2011 White Convertible 1LT IOM, Full JDM Colorshift Halo upgrade, Showstopper Camaro Bowtie Led Mirrors and Engine cover, Pace Setter Cat Back Exhaust, BK Coilover Kit, 21x9.5 and 21X8.5 Full Custom Cromed 21" GM wheels, Tinted windows, I WIN BEARS Plate. Full IOM dash and door update with IOM interior panels.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Sponsors