Stock V6 spark plugs? - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
V6 Engine Discussion 3.6L LLT V6 | Exhaust | Ignition | Induction | Intakes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 04-12-2017, 12:55 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Stock V6 spark plugs?

Looking around and found this "AC Delco 41-109 Iridium Spark Plugs " on Oreillys website for about $6.99 each. Anyone know If this is the stock replacement plug for a 2013 V6? Amazon has them for $30 for a 6 pack and I'm thinking at just over 60K I'm going to replace these soon. Any recommendations would be great thanks!

2013 Camaro LS (DD)
1990 Celica All-Trac (weekend rally car)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 04-13-2017, 10:19 AM
Premium Member

I have the 6.2 SS and changed the plugs at 50k They were clean as a whistle. If there is no ignition problem, I'd let em ride till the 100k. IMHO

SW shorty's, Borla ATAK cat back, SLP Blackwing CAI, Diode Dynamics DRL's, Technostalgia LED sequential tail lights. beauty bar.

post #3 of 5 Old 04-13-2017, 11:42 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbvinla View Post
I have the 6.2 SS and changed the plugs at 50k They were clean as a whistle. If there is no ignition problem, I'd let em ride till the 100k. IMHO
Good advice in general, It currently has a rough idle after driving it for 15+ mins sitting at alight, not sure if the motor mounts are shot but the RPMS dance from 550-600ish fast according to the gauge. I am the second owner and bought it from a woman who had no records of any maintenance on the car whatsoever. Her husband is a "ford mechanic" so I'm worried already . I checked the stock air filter (fram status) looked brand new, oil levels good but needs to be done soon, tires were low in pressure, cleaned the MAF sensor, next is some spark plugs, sea foam the engine run some 91 (half tank) shell through her and see how the MPG is. Then a CAI and 2.25" piping cat back and a magnaflow muffler or similar goes in and then a Jet Programmer. Basically the car is a 6mt and a daily driver that I don't drive hard. the idea was a fun V6 car that I can get on it if I want to but 99% of the time its cruising speeds and looking for the best MPG I can get out of it. This is the 15th vehicle I've bough in a 16 year time frame (I'm only 33 years old) and I usually change out everything as soon as I get it so I know everything is up to date. She's gonna need brakes asap (lots of pulsation braking at high speeds) and tires maybe in 5-6K miles. Other than that its a great car and It's my first ever American car, bought and sold cars/trucks/motorcycles (Toyota or Yamaha) and for the buck the Camaro was the best option over a scion FR-S and anything else in the $12-15K range I wanted to be at.

Any other tricks or help to insure the best MPG would be greatly appreciated .

2013 Camaro LS (DD)

post #4 of 5 Old 04-16-2017, 12:14 PM
Bully Proof

Garage
It pretty much looks like you've covered all the bases already. I've got a lead foot and only get about 13-14 mpg in my V6 so clearly I'm no authority in this area...lol

My mechanic is also a good friend of mine and he won't tune up any of my cars (replace spark plugs) until I hit 100K so not sure what benefit you'd get out of changing them sooner.
post #5 of 5 Old 04-17-2017, 05:16 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Envy View Post
It pretty much looks like you've covered all the bases already. I've got a lead foot and only get about 13-14 mpg in my V6 so clearly I'm no authority in this area...lol

My mechanic is also a good friend of mine and he won't tune up any of my cars (replace spark plugs) until I hit 100K so not sure what benefit you'd get out of changing them sooner.
haha yea, I've done this a few times on many different models but of Toyota's and Honda's, never worked on a GM before. Don't think i'll need any new tools or training (I hope). wow 13MPG on a V6!?! you must go through tires a ton??

Basically I like knowing the ones in the car are new, and well at 61K (now) and almost 4 years old couldn't hurt. If the ones I pull out are like new I might just clean them off and put them back in and change them closer to 100K. just like to have them in my hands once I take them all off incase they show any signs of specific wear

2013 Camaro LS (DD)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page