Modern Camaro Forums banner

I knew I had seen that before.....lol

7K views 72 replies 25 participants last post by  BeastlyTA 
#1 ·
Everytime I see a shot of the instrument cluster on the new camaro I get the sinking feeling I have seen it before. Now I know why.

See less See more
#8 · (Edited)
I had a friend that had a computer almost exactly like that one. He thought it was cool when my parents got a 8088.

Incidentally, the first computer I ever built (with paper route money no less) was an Intel Pentium 200. Biggest waste of money EVER! MMX came out and became a standard so fast my "200 mhz" 2 GB pentium with 16 MB of RAM and a Matrox 3d card became obsolete faster than I could blink.

Other notable computer moments for me: I sent my first e-mail in 1989 to a pen pal in Africa.
I first got the internet in 1994. I had to pay the startup and first month and any overages. Back then, you only got so many hours per month of internet use (I think it was 300 hours a month for us). It cost $35.99 a month, and the company was "Primenet." Our first connection was blazing fast at 28.8 and our modem was capable of a 33.6 connection! Oh my!

#15 ·
Remember the game "Aztec"? I wasted many hours playing that game on my IIC. Not really because it was a great game, but because it would always freeze up after you got pretty far into the game.

Anyone else have Coleco-vision?

#23 ·
COLECOVISION! Oh how I miss thee! It was my second console I ever had. I even had the Atari attachment for the front so I could play all of my old Atari games AND the Turbo wheel.

I had an intellivision too. I actually thought that was cool. First console ever to do voice synthesis, and you could control the frequency and speed. LOL B-52 BOOOOMMMMMBBBBBBEEERRRR!

#27 ·
Apparently I just stumbled upon the old fart thread :p

The Short Circuit films were pretty sweet though, I just got #2 on DVD. If you guys don't know what a DVD is, it those things that look like CDs (evolution of tapes, which evolved from 8-tracks, which evolved from records) but play movies, kindof like tapes except you can't put them in a VCR.:D

#31 ·
^^^ LMAO We had also had this kick ass thing called outside. It was awesome. :D

My kids were in the back yard a couple weeks ago with a 44 gallon plastic trash can on a dolly and they played in that thing for two days straight. Of course we have all the consoles and HD etc... I really got a kick out of that. :thumbsup:

#33 ·
My first was the atari, still have it and all 46 games......in fact I have my wifes Darth Vader version.....and my ninetendo....ps2.....wii.......

First computer in 1984/5......DOS.....Game.....Police Quest & Leisure Suite Larry aand the Lounge Lizards.....

#35 ·
Boo ya! It was Sierra!

#37 ·
Lucky. I have 3 Gameboys, a creaky G5 iPod and an old @ss DS. The one that looks like a Laptop.:mad: I used to have a PSP slim until SOMEBODY (niece) dropped it WHILE WE WERE AT SIX FLAGS!! And guess where she dropped it? Lemme give you a hint:

ON THE MUTHAF****N RIDE!

#38 ·
Haha, Johnny 5!

Oh jeez, well if we're gonna list off game systems... I started with an old school Genesis(still my favorite)... and kept collecting...
Now:
Sega Master System, Sega Genesis (all 3 designs, 5 total), NES, Super NES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, PS2, XBOX (x2), X360, 3 Gameboy Advance SP, 1 DS(old style in red), PSP, Sega Game Gear

Had:
Sega Dreamcast, PSone (if you remember, the little one they released) Every style of Gameboy ever, another 64, a toasted NES now named the Dead Box... I'm sure I'm missing some.

#41 ·
I am 36, and the oldest of 4 kids...first video game system was ATARI and my Dad was always buying us games for it. We ended up having OVER 200 GAMES for it, I think it was close to 250.

And I remember back in the early computer days playing Lemonade Stand on our Apple IIe and hacking the code so it always gave you Sunny Days.

#42 ·
The only systems I haven't owned (that I know of) are the Neo Geo, the Sega Master System, TG16 and the N64. Of course, I don't have the PS3 and Wii either. I have owned, at one point or another, 3 different model Atari's (including the Jaguar), Colecovision w/Atari Add-on, Genesis w/ CD and 32X, NES, SNES, Gamecube, PSX, PSP, GB, GBP, GBA, DS, Game Gear, Nomad, PS2, XBox, 360, Dreamcast (9/9/99 baby)...I'm probably forgetting some. I WISH I still had them all. I've thought about buying them up again, but what would I do with them?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.