Modern Camaro Forums banner

Deleted the shifter, my car instantly went into production.

1K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  FREEMAN-NOW 
#1 ·
I placed an order at about 8:10 on Oct 13. I've had the Hurst shifter that was on constraint but didn't want to change it for fear of having my order shuffled down. My dealer made a few calls and assured me I wouldn't go to the end of the list. I figured I could add the shifter later and had him ammend the order leaving the shifter off and the very next day my status was accepted for production. I wouldn't have changed something like the color that is on constraint but if any of you are in the boat I was, you can have your car quicker and add the shifter later. It worked for me. 1SS RS LS3

#3 ·
Congrats! I would've done the same as you, could always get it later on down the road.

And off topic, but I read your sig and your daughter is going to be one lucky girl. :thumbsup:

#6 ·
RS package is still on.

Thanks to you guys, and I can't remember where I read about it, I warned the dealer to make sure nothing else got deleted when the shifter did. He called back later and said he could see how the mistake was happening. When he deleted the shifter, it seemed to reset the order and deleted a couple of other things. He had to recheck the RS box. He printed the order after the change and then went back in to look at it and the RS is still a go. And I really mean it when I say thanks to whoever first posted that. If I hadn't mentioned it, I could have easily gotten a car without the RS package. As you guys can see from my '67 RS, the Rally Sport option is worth more to me than most.
I have the 67 shown in my signature and an '81 Z28. When the 2010 comes I'll post of a picture of them doing burnouts side by side. Anyone heard an L88 lately at 7000RPM like in the '67? It's better than any old stereo.

#7 ·
Anyone heard an L88 lately at 7000RPM like in the '67? It's better than any old stereo.
I sure hell am looking forward to these videos. :thumbsup:

#8 ·
I just spoke to my dealer Monday the 30th, and he said the shifter on my 2SS/RS package with Red Jewel Tint Coat and cyber gray stripes was held up for the Hurst shifter option as well. I told him I wanted Nothing to hold up the order, he assured me the shifter would be included and the order would not be delayed any further....still absolutely NO word on delivery date nearly 6 months later!!!!!I had all the added performance options initially listed on order, but he phoned me back within a month (Ordered 10:00am Oct 10th) and stated they would have to be dealer installed and ordered options. So tired of waiting, now worrying about the RS package not being included....OMG!!!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.