Modern Camaro Forums banner

the new Camaro and big guys

2K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  Jonz5GEN 
#1 ·
any bigger guys out their that have a new camaro?
I am 6'4" 290# and just wondering if anyone else is around my height & weight that has one.

back in '06 my 2 choices for cars that I made were the GTO and the Charger. I like the styling of both but the GTO just didnt have the headroom and I basically had to either sit really low in the saddle, or tilt my head to the right.

so now I am back at the crossroads again to pick another car with the choices being the Challenger and the Camaro. I know fitment in the Challenger is a no brainer since its the same size as the Charger. But given that I would basically have to buy a fully loaded SRT Challenger for around $43-$46k for what I could in a Camaro for about $10k less AND have something that is cheap and easy to toy around with.:thumbsup:

(please dont hate because of my screen name, I use it on all the forums I am on just so I dont have to remember a different name for each board.:D)

#3 ·
welcome...(not to worry, there's a few dodge guys here).

I'm 6-3, 220 and there was room to spare when I sat in it. Leg room is absolutely not an issue. With the seat all the way back, I was too far back to push the clutch in. I only sat in it for a few minutes, so didn't have all that much time to fine tune the seat and adjust the steering wheel, but I was comfortable.

I would say definitely sit in one so you can form your own opinions, but I think you'll be OK.

#5 ·
I'm a shade under 6'4" (I think I've started shrinking), 220 lbs & fairly long-torsoed so headroom is always a potential showstopper. I just barely fit in my GTO with the seat down and tilted back slightly, but I would probably have had issues if I wore goop in my hair. (Solstice was almost comical and C6 'Vettes are tight.)

Headroom, naturally, was the first thing I checked when I saw my first 5th gen yesterday. I was pleasantly surprised and pleased that I fit nicely.

:thumbsup:

#7 ·
Thats very good to know then. My wife likes the look of the Camaro better then the Challenger so that is another selling point.

Octane5GO, I see your a chicago'er, I am from Oak Lawn.

Thanks for the welcome guys. I drive Dodges (a '99 Ram & '06 Charger) but I also have Chevy's (a '88 K5 Blazer "toy", a '05 Tahoe, and a '63 Impala).

BUT will never own a Ford.

#10 ·
Thats very good to know then. My wife likes the look of the Camaro better then the Challenger so that is another selling point.

Octane5GO, I see your a chicago'er, I am from Oak Lawn.

Thanks for the welcome guys. I drive Dodges (a '99 Ram & '06 Charger) but I also have Chevy's (a '88 K5 Blazer "toy", a '05 Tahoe, and a '63 Impala).

BUT will never own a Ford.
Excellent :thumbsup:...
I drive a Blazer but its an 01

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.