69 Camaro SS 396 QTP Electric Cutouts. - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
1st & 2nd Generation F-Body 1967-1969 / 1970-1981 Camaro & Firebird Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 Old 09-01-2009, 07:32 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

69 Camaro SS 396 QTP Electric Cutouts.

So after all the talk on here about QTP Electric cutouts and a recent reimbursement Check from the State for over charging me on my Taxes
I decided to buy myself something for a Change. Since most all of my money goes towards House payment , Bills , Etc the Normal and of course my New Camaro Down payment

I figured since my Car already had a Nice decent Cam from the factory lets see what she sounds like opened up.
By the way now you will understand why I named my Camaro
JEKYLL-N-HYDE
At Idle and slow cruising speeds my 1st gen is Jekyll a Camaro that looks good and has that 40 year feeling of a Classic Camaro.
But if you open the cutouts drop her into 1st and pound on the Gas She Turns into Hyde and lets you know 396Cubic inches of Raw Factory Destroit
muscle is no push over.
These have been on for a week now and already 2 people have tried to entice me into racing them since im not so into that with my 69 since she has nothing to prove I dont normally do much but give a and smile and continue on. However I figured after 2 times of stopping at a red light and seeing a car beside me burn off to the next light and make an ass of himself I would let them hear what she has to say about that. So I drop her into 2nd let the posi rear and turbo 400 put a little strain on her Muscles then open the cutouts and just bump the gas a little as she jumps or lets say jerks fwd letting you know torque is something this Bigblock has pleanty of heheheh how fun it is to look out of the corner of my Sunglasses and watch heads jerk quickly towards my car like WTF. Ughhhhh yeah they tame down and back off I just close them up and casually finish my cruise.

oh yeah By the way haha since I have enjoied these so much I went ahead and ordered a set of low profile oval ones for my 2010

Here is a Video ( video's dont do justice since Camera speakers suck )
oh yeah and leave it to a video Camera to tell me I have a taillight out

Oh yeah donít listen to this behind Laptop speakers use PC speakers otherwise there wont be speaker left lol

Below are pics and a video link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEUoxDSKH_U

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 09-01-2009, 07:54 PM
Veteran Member

Noticeable difference!
post #3 of 9 Old 09-02-2009, 05:51 PM
BDC

that sounds sick ...am i the only one with a 69 that has reliable tail lights....every 69 i seen at the cruise had tail lights out.everytime i see one on tv the tail lights are out,dragstip samething....very cool car bro.i have a ss 396 car also less the 396 its poppy red now but the original color is burnished brown with brown vynil (sp) top with white d90 (hockey stripes)

just another guy dreaming of owning a 09 camaro

WWW.MYSPACE.COM/BDCNDE

post #4 of 9 Old 09-02-2009, 06:29 PM
Veteran Member

Major Props!

That was freakin' awesome!

IBM RS/SS: Vortech V3 (7.5lbs/boost) Trinity/Dyno Tune/Texas Speed LT w/Magnaflow Comp MGW Shifter/Tint/Heritage Grill/AVIC Z120 Orion Sub & Amp/Bravado Wheels (20 x9.5/11) Just fast enough ... for now!
post #5 of 9 Old 09-02-2009, 06:36 PM

Nice job Bocephus!

2005 CTSV BLACK LS7 Clutch/Flywheel/Slave, Tick Speed Bleeder, Tilton Clutch MC, RevShift Bushings, Domestic V8 Solutions (shifter, 8.8 Diff conversion, srut tower braces, sub-frame connectors), SLP cats, no cags, xpipe, bullet mufflers, Volante, iPod dock, G-force tune; 379hp 381tq.

Killing 5th gens like it is my job.
post #6 of 9 Old 09-02-2009, 06:49 PM

I just listened to that on laptop speakers hahaha...whoops

"Commitment leads to action. Action brings your dream closer."

Commitment= attending college
Action= graduating
Dream= graduating college with a new Camaro
post #7 of 9 Old 09-02-2009, 09:52 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Thanks Guys I had to make this video and post it im still having people ask what my name stands for lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDC View Post
that sounds sick ...am i the only one with a 69 that has reliable tail lights....every 69 i seen at the cruise had tail lights out.everytime i see one on tv the tail lights are out,dragstip samething....very cool car bro.i have a ss 396 car also less the 396 its poppy red now but the original color is burnished brown with brown vynil (sp) top with white d90 (hockey stripes)
it was a loose connection. I took a look at it tonight the bulb wasnt in all the way and All I can think of us when i racked the exhaust it broke contact.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS112 View Post
I just listened to that on laptop speakers hahaha...whoops
Told you so lol

Last edited by Jekyll-N-Hyde; 09-02-2009 at 09:57 PM.
post #8 of 9 Old 10-25-2009, 11:09 PM

same set installed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jekyll-N-Hyde View Post
Thanks Guys I had to make this video and post it im still having people ask what my name stands for lol

it was a loose connection. I took a look at it tonight the bulb wasnt in all the way and All I can think of us when i racked the exhaust it broke contact.

Told you so lol
I had them installed about a month ago. Had the 2010 dynoed with them open/closed and then open again. Didn't get the increase in hp I was expecting,but they really have a sick sound. Not to overly loud. There is (at least on mine) alot of crackiling/popping when you down shift. Asked QTP if that's normal and they replied it was. I only open them about 1/4 way and it's not as loud. Otherwise they are a nice alternative if you don't want headers right off the bat.
post #9 of 9 Old 11-07-2009, 10:14 PM

wo. so excited to see this post. ive had the QTP cut outs saved on my desk top to order as soon as im done with my build on my 69. thanks for the video and pictures

how did the install go? was it difficult?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page