Modern Camaro Forums banner

Zeta vs Alpha

11K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  MikosV6 
#1 ·
While the styling may be evolutionary, the dimensions are certainly not. Welcome the smaller footprint with open arms!!

See less See more
#9 ·
:D :cool:

#10 ·
the more I see these designs the more I wonder why it is a new generation ... there are difference, but they are not huge differences ...JMO

#11 ·
aesthetically yes, I fr one do appreciate the smaller footprint. Cars today are far too large, Challenger is case and point. I wont say Camaro WAS too large, but it is a relatively large car for what it is, Alpha platformed cars are exceptional. The ATS for example is about as point and shoot as you can get from GM's current lineup. On this platform Camaro is going to be a real weapon!!!

#12 ·
Design is one thing I do wish they went more crazy with but at least performance is up now with the platform it's on.
I guess maybe they figured that the outgoing camaro design did so well that for now they're better off keeping the new design true to that to some extent, while putting more focus on performance for a killer package.

#14 ·
I like the 5th gen back half better (specifically the early version of the tail lights). The rest is pretty cool, interior is a huge upgrade...although the back seat is pretty useless.

#16 ·
Call me crazy, but I like the 5th gen interior a lot better than the 6th gen. I don't like how the dash slopes down towards the passenger side. Also, the driver's binnacle is a lot larger which adds to the illusion that the car is much smaller and import like. Ugh!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.