Modern Camaro Forums banner

V8 A6 question

1K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  FinMan 
#1 ·
Is there a way to take off from a stop in 1st gear without using the tap shift? If I understand everything correctly, if you are in sport mode (even with the competitive mode activated), you have to tap shift the transmission from 2nd to 1st.

I suppose, even if you have activated the manual mode by downshifting to M1, you could still allow the car to shift itself since it will do so (I guess at the redline). I would think that letting the car shift itself would be better than tapshifting because there may be less lag between shifts and you could keep your eyes on the road instead of the tachometer.

Is the best way to launch the car to enter sport mode, downshift to M1, activate the competitive mode and drop the hammer, letting the car then shift itself?

I'm still in the break in period but will need to know this eventually. :D

#2 ·
good question

i think the best way to race it is to go to the aut mode keep traction on them hammer it and you lanch better then the manual camaro faster 0-60 but i have some mods and there is a tm on it to so i put it in comp mode and man mode and slap right after i go in red but that just me ther prob is a better way to do it . i just feel more power that way .and still have not found a car that launches better then mine ... well that does not have slicks etc :p

#3 ·
i think the best way to race it is to go to the aut mode keep traction on them hammer it and you lanch better then the manual camaro faster 0-60 but i have some mods and there is a tm on it to so i put it in comp mode and man mode and slap right after i go in red but that just me ther prob is a better way to do it . i just feel more power that way .and still have not found a car that launches better then mine ... well that does not have slicks etc :p
Yeah, try putting it in 'S' (don't tap shift) and turn off stabilitrack (comp mode), then hammer it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.