Modern Camaro Forums banner

take my Camaro around track at Indianapolis Motor Speedway?

3K views 23 replies 13 participants last post by  dragom 
#1 ·
Dealer asked today if on May 15th I'd like to take my Camaro, VictORia for a couple of laps around the track, I think it's going to be many Camaro's, hopefully anyone w/Camaro can drive it, I don't know much more, I just thanked her and went back to work when she said she'd have more details in a week or so, figure I'll learn more soon. Anyone else know anything about this? Is it gonna cost more than the gas???

#2 ·
Shouldn't. If you're invited, that usually means you get to do a parade lap or two.

The Hurst/Olds club (among others) goes to Indy every 5 years and part of the event is the parade lap thing. It was pretty fun. No getting squirrely though.

Here's a shot from driver's seat in my 84 Hurst/Olds from the 2004 meet:

#3 ·
See if more can come, I can see if the chicago5thgen club can come down!

I would if we can get in the laps....

#4 ·
A bunch of us did it 2 1/2 years ago when GM first showed us a few early 5th gens. It will be free but I think you cannot go faster than 40 mph. It was a neat experience and they take a picture of your car as it goes over the brick finish line.

#15 ·
10-20 cars I would bet I can get signed up. We will make it a cruise event.

#9 ·
Definitely go do it! It's worth it just to say you've been on the track where so many greats have raced. I did it back in '04 with the Marauder club. It was great fun.

+1 to what was said above, though: don't goof off. One of our club members laid down a little rubber and the track officials pounced on him faster than I thought you could get a Colorado pickup to move. :lol:

Photographic evidence of him getting busted:

#17 ·
Wow, I appreciate that, I would like that, Vickie is in the kitchen saying WOW, I WANNA GO! I hope she can ride with me too. We will be calling soon, p.s. I am going to be getting us a status check on the item you ordered, I'll call you tomorrow.

#14 ·
That's because the photgrapher there is used to taking pictures like that at speeds more like 160+ rather than 60. 60 had to be easy for him. I got a similar pic of me in my H/O going over the bricks on the wall in my office space at around 60 as well. The wife got it framed for me.

Attachments

#13 ·
40MPH? I'll skip that one.

#16 ·
Was wondering if you had any contact info for me on this event. My birthday is May 15th, my son graduated Navy boot camp on that day and I think it'd be cool to celebrate the day that way. An avid Camaro owner of more than 8 (3 in the drive way now, 79 Z-28, 01 Z-28 and my new 10 2SS/RS) would mean the world to me and him.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.