Modern Camaro Forums banner

Getting Nervous!

3K views 13 replies 11 participants last post by  Luwinkle 
#1 ·
After reading about LS3 owners having their oil pumps fail more and more, Im getting a little nervous about heading out for a 3600Km trip this coming Saturday. :eek:

Is there anything I can do to ensure my LS3 doesnt grenade or loose oil pressure during my trip?

Thanks!

Geoff

#3 ·
There's a service bulletin for some of the GM V8's...LS3 (and I think L99) are included (not just limited to camaros). Some members from the other site have been posting lots of doom and gloom about it (rightfully so maybe).

For the OP, as far as I know, the only things you can really is keep an eye on your oil pressure and if it drops, turn off your car and call onstar. Keep in mind the big picture...there's only a few bad ones compared to all the ones that are perfectly fine.

#8 ·
I wouldn't worry too much about it. It's not like you've got a Ford or a Toyota. :)

#13 ·
I would think if you loose oil pressure that you would feel the engine "misfire" if you have AFM. Lifters "pump up" with oil pressure as long as the AFM tell them to, correct? Then the "ticking" will follow just like in the mornings when you start it off cold, it misfires for a moment or two.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.