Modern Camaro Forums banner

HELP!!!!!!!!!! Misfire issues in 97 Z28

4K views 10 replies 3 participants last post by  daveboy1 
#1 ·
This car is going to be the death of me. Runs fine until it gets up to temp. Then, it starts to misfire. Fuel pressure was low, around 31, so replaced the regulator and the fuel pump. Pressure is close to 40, but the misfire continues. Could this be a bad injector? Something in the throotle body? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

#5 ·
when the engine gets up to temperature, I get a0300 dtc (multiple misfire) or a 0301 (cylinder 1 misfire). Read somewhere this can be caused by a leaky fuel injector. I still think a wire is getting hot and arcing somewhere, but all the spark wires are good and other electrical looks fine. the ses does flash when it gives the 0301 code.

#7 ·
When I had a 97 I had the 0300 code and it turned out to be the opti. The car would start to misfire bad if i got on it. If you only had the cyl 1 issue it might just be that plug or wire but I'm still leaning towards the opti. Check under the water pump and look at that drain hole under the water pump to see if it leaking on the opti.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.