Modern Camaro Forums banner

Jade, My 1967 RS/SS, is up for SALE!!!

3K views 20 replies 10 participants last post by  Bucky6702 
#1 · (Edited)
Good afternoon Ladies and Gentleman!!

This is a very sad day indeed, but I have decided to let Jade, my 1967 RS/SS Camaro go. I want anyone that is interested to know that I can verify every single thing that I’ve listed by showing you receipts, or you just simply looking at the components themselves. The car is extremely dependable, as it’s completed not one, but two Hot Rod Power Tour Long Hauls!! I have driven the car from Alabama to Cocoa Beach, Florida all the way to Detroit and back!! I’ve even driven her to Missouri a few times. I’ve built the car from the ground up and I can tell you ever single thing about it. Cruising at 70MPH is equivalent to 2300 RPM’s with the awesome 5-Speed that I put in her. If you stay out of the gas, she can average anywhere from 15-17 MPG. All in all, she is one amazing piece of machinery that will make someone a VERY Lucky and Proud Owner!!

1967 RS/SS Camaro- $45,000 Firm

• Original Factory Big Block Car
• Original Power Steering & Power Disc Brake Car
• Original RS/SS Car (Can be verified by Cowl Tag
• Original Deluxe Interior
• Originally Borla Red
• 2010 GM Imperial Blue Metallic Paint (Coded off the 5th Gen Camaro)
• 468 Cubic Inches (Dyno’d at 613 HP and 618 FT LBS of TQ)
• Full MSD Digital Ignition to include a MSD Pro-Billet Distributer (Entire Ignition is custom mounted under the dash)
• Holley 4150HP 870 CFM Carburetor (Custom Tuned)
• Edelbrock Performer RPM Air-Gap Intake (Ported to match Heads)
• Edelbrock Performer RPM Aluminum Heads (Ported & Polished, Gasket Matched)
• Edelbrock Performer Aluminum Waterpump
• Pete Jackson “Noisy” Geardrive
• Speed Pro 10.44 Forged Piston
• Comp Cams Hydraulic Roller Cam (Magnum- 278/278 Lift Intake/Exhaust, 232/232 Duration @ .50”, 110 Lobe Seperation)
• Comp Cams Hydraulic Lifters, Valve Springs, & Titanium Push Rods
• Crane Gold Series Roller Rockers
• Custom Hand-Made Tig-Welded Valve Covers
• Custom Spectre Dual Plenum Air Intake System (Completely Polished)
• Summit Stage II Connecting Rods (Pressed Fit)
• Forged Crank (Been completely balanced and hand/machine polished)
• Griffin Aluminum Radiator with Electric Fan
• Hooker Super Comp Heads
• Full 3” Flowmaster Exhaust W/ Supper 44 Mufflers
• Tremec TKO600 5-Speed (Custom built with a .64:1 Final Overdrive, reduction of 36% in RPM’s built by Keisler Engineering)
• Stage II Clutch, Throw-out Bearing, & Pressure Plate (Rated at 750 HP Custom Kit Built by Keisler Engineering)
• Billet Aluminum Bell Housing
• Custom Transmission Cross-member Powder Coated
• Wil-Wood Master Cylinder (Hydraulic Clutch)
• Chrome-Moly Custom Made Driveshaft
• 12-Bolt Rear End (Brand New, less than a year old)
• 4.10:1 Gears
• Auburn Posi-Unit
• Re-Machined Axles
• Competition Engineering Slide-A-Link Bars (Completely Adjustable for Track & Street)
• Bilstien Front Shocks
• QA-1 12-Adjustable Shocks in the Rear
• Hotchkis Sport Leaf Springs (Lowers the car 2” in back)
• Hotchkis Sub-Frame Connectors
• Hotchkis Front & Rear Sway Bars (Brand new Bushing ALL Around)
• Hotchkis Lower A-Arms (Powder Coated)
• Hotchkis Upper A-Arms (Powder Coated)
• Hotchkis Front Coil Springs (Lowers the car 2” in front)
• Hotchkis/CPP Quick Steering Gearbox
• Complete Poly-Urethane Bushing throughout the Entire Car
• March Performance Serpentine System
• March Performance Billit Power Steering Pump
• March Performance Billit Battery Hold-Down Box (Relocated Battery to the trunk)
• Optima Performance Battery
• Wil-Wood Disc Slotted & Cross Drilled Brakes
• Custom Jason Rushforth 18” 2-Piece Wheels (Livewires- 18X8 in Front & 18X9 ½ in Back)
• Nitto NT05 Tires (Brand New; 245/40ZR18 in Front & 295/35ZR18 in Back)
• All New Wiring Harness to include Engine, Front-End, Under Dash, and Console Harness
• All New Carpet
• Deluxe Interior in Mint Condition to include Door Panels
• All Glass is in Mint Condition
• Complete Custom AutoSound Stereo System (Custom kick panels, Kicker 6X9, Custom Dash Speakers, & a Kicker Amp)
• Brand New Stainless Steel Fuel Tank (Complete with new Wiring Harness & Sending Unit)
• All Braided Stainless Steel Lines to include Fuel Lines and Power Steering Lines
• Custom Billet Grill (Hide-Away Head Lights open and close . Brand New Electric Motor Conversion)

Everything in and on the car works, as you’d expect. All dome lights work when you open the doors, to include the Hide-Away Headlights when you turn them on. The paint is Imperial Blue Metallic with a Cyber Gray Metallic Bumble Bee Stripe. I went as far to not only smooth out the firewall, but I painted the engine to match the nose stripe. It is painted with Base Coat/Clear Coat. Every single wire is hidden throughout the engine bay to present the neatest, professional engine bay. All materials used on the car came from Sherwin Williams, which was not cheap!! I’m sure there maybe a few things that I’ve forgotten, but you get the point. If you need anything else, don’t hesitate to let me know.

If you are seriously interested, feel free to email me at: c.smith7896@ymail.com or call me at: 256-665-2086.

I can provide tons of pictures and documentation, as there are two threads in the 1st Gen section that are dedicated to Jade. The full frame/body off restoration was completed May of 2010.

Thank you for your time!!

Carl "Bucky" Smith

See less See more
#5 ·
Thank You.... I'll never get what I want out of her, but I won't cry too much for letting her go at $45K. I won't take a penny less than that because you could never build that car for that amount of money. In my mind, with all the Labor I have in that car, she's definitely worth more than that. ;)

#4 ·
Best of luck and hope it sells quickly. I know you hear this alot, but "IF" I only had the cash....

#6 ·
Gracias Guapo!! In all honesty, I'm kind of hoping that she doesn't sell too quick, as I'd still Love to enjoy her. But, I know that she'll make someone a very happy owner. And I'm in the same boat with you, "IF" I had the cash, I wouldn't let her go..... LOL

#7 ·
Bucky what are you doing selling Jade????? I did that to my 68 SS/RS and have regreted it ever since. Hope you've put a lot of thought into this.

#8 ·
You know, I honestly have no earthly idea what I'm doing. I've put a lot of thought into it and part of me just feels like I need a fresh start. Not that I want one, but that I need one. With the divorce almost final, I find myself asking if it's time to let her go to a new home and start a new journey.... :rolleyes:

#10 ·
Sorry...sad to hear she's going.. I'll miss her.

#12 ·
They say when you are going through a life-changing event, you should NEVER do something you even THINK you might regret. To take a step back, realize you are basically in mourning, and wait 6 months before you do anything you could regret later. Jade is an absolute beauty and I can't imagine getting rid of a car like that.

I dont' know you and I don't know your circumstances, but I do have a 68 Camaro that the hubby and I built ourselves and I know that if I were going through something as tough as a divorce, I might think I need to get rid of it because it might remind me of him. I KNOW I would regret it and would hope I would take my own advice and wait, as I LOVE that car beyond belief and would be devistated if I actually sold it.

And there you have my 2 cents, that you didn't even ask for.

Good luck to you.

:) T

#17 ·
Good to hear, keep it if you can....

#21 ·
I absolutley do.... It's been a rough road, but you never give up and always make the most of every day. You never stop believing!!

I'm thinking you'll miss that car.
I would.
It's very sharp looking.
You are very right... I would miss Jade, as I've built her from the ground up, and we've been together for over a decade now. When I first bought her, I traveled from Central Texas all the way to Boston just to pick her up.

Thank you for the compliments!!

Good to hear, keep it if you can....
Guapo, I'm trying brother!! I've managed to keep her through 5 different deployments, and thus far a divorce. Sacrafices just have to be made.

So glad to hear.... I would have missed it if you would of had to sell it ;)
Thanks Bama!!!

#19 ·
I'm thinking you'll miss that car.
I would.
It's very sharp looking.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.