Modern Camaro Forums banner

Power Tour

2K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  home skillet 
#1 ·
Anyone going to Power Tour in Grand Prairie this Friday night or Saturday?

We should be there Friday night, maybe Saturday too.

#3 ·
Friday all we saw was people coming in, checking in and leaving, we did go to look saturday too. No way I woulda entered a new almost stock car, the truck maybe. We had fun and saw a lot of beautiful cars and trucks.

#4 ·
Home Skillet- The Power Tour isn't about your car, what year, or if it's stock..... It's about the drive and meeting some of the most amazing people you could ever imagine. There are two different types of people that do the Power Tour; those that do the Long Haul & those that only do one or two stops. The people you saw checking in and leaving were, more than likely, Long Haulers. After doing 3 Long Hauls myself, in my 1967 RS/SS Camaro, you tend to get tired & worn out by the time you get to the next venue. It's a rolling car show per say. People don't stick around the venue much; as you still have to check into your hotel, get cleaned up, figure out where to eat.... ect; so, they find things to do afterwards. We participate in parking lot parties, burn out's, drag racing, auto cross....ect. Very seldom do Long Haulers sit at the venue all day. Hell, sometimes we don't even show up till 4:00 because of the route.

So, don't be discouraged when you say you wouldn't have entered, because it's NOT a car show. No one get's judged. It's all about the drive and the people!! :thumbsup:

#5 ·
I see your point, but the venue had a lot to with it too, between the horse racing at Lone Star Park, Concert at Verizon and Graduation's in different halls the area was packed Friday evening and Saturday. but we had a good time and met some nice folks, car people are the best.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.