Bright Red 1990 IROC Camaro 5.7L. Sale price - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
3rd Generation F-Body 1982-1992 Camaro & Firebird Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 28 Old 01-14-2010, 12:14 PM Thread Starter

Bright Red 1990 IROC Camaro 5.7L. Sale price

I have come across a 90 IROC 19K miles out of Calif. Orig 1 owner car. Ever option avail except for leather and louvers. Owner has every piece of paper. Problem is owner wants almost 17K. Can anyone justify this cost? I can't and am wondering if he knows something that I do not. Would love to buy the car, but cant find one for over 10K anywhere. Any help or suggestions that I can get him to a more realistic number, or am I the one who is out of line? Thank you. C
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 Old 01-14-2010, 12:31 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sycyenko View Post
I have come across a 90 IROC 19K miles out of Calif. Orig 1 owner car. Ever option avail except for leather and louvers. Owner has every piece of paper. Problem is owner wants almost 17K. Can anyone justify this cost? I can't and am wondering if he knows something that I do not. Would love to buy the car, but cant find one for over 10K anywhere. Any help or suggestions that I can get him to a more realistic number, or am I the one who is out of line? Thank you. C
How many original IROC's w/ only 19k miles have you seen? Probably not many...that is why the price is jacked up. Compare it to the IROC's you are seeing for under 10k...I would bet it's just a "little nicer". If not, move on and buy one that's cheaper.

If it's totally original and unmolested...it's worth some extra $$ without a doubt. I would think a lot of them are pretty hacked up.

2010-2SS/RS/LS3/IBM/RP6: ECS-Paxton Supercharger / American Racing Headers & Exhaust / PFADT Suspension / DSS 9" 4.10 Rear / FOR SALE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taglane View Post
Powerfreak is the only one who actually understood anything.

Last edited by POWERFREAK; 01-14-2010 at 01:50 PM.
post #3 of 28 Old 01-14-2010, 12:31 PM
Veteran Member

It's not uncommon to find babied third-gens fetching close to $20k, the '90 Iroc was the last year for it, so that'll definitely help him, and it being a 5.7L.

Goodluck.

post #4 of 28 Old 01-14-2010, 01:34 PM
Veteran Member

Considering they stopped producing the '90 model in December 1989, it's certainly more rare than the others. '90 was a special year.

www.fquick.com/demonspeed
Present: '02 SS #7146
Past: '89 IROC-Z|'91 Z28|'00 SS #0795|'01 Z28
post #5 of 28 Old 01-14-2010, 01:47 PM

It's worth it. That's a reasonable price. Certainly try to bargain with him though... offer him... $13,000. If he laughs, $13,500. I do this everytime a buy a car. I don't care how insulting it is, it saves me a buttload of money! I just bought a '02 Mazda Protege, mint, dealer wanted $9,980, I got them down to $4,700!!! I would bet that you could drive it away $16,000. Definitley to to get him down, but if he is unwilling to budge, $17k really isn't a bad deal. It's a rare car!

post #6 of 28 Old 01-14-2010, 04:40 PM Thread Starter

Thank you for all the helpful replies. I appreciate it. Going to add to my stable of cars. Just and I know it is not accurate but NADA and KBB and internet searches could not show me a IROC of that caliber for that price. Much appreciated.
post #7 of 28 Old 01-14-2010, 05:01 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sycyenko View Post
I have come across a 90 IROC 19K miles out of Calif. Orig 1 owner car. Ever option avail except for leather and louvers. Owner has every piece of paper. Problem is owner wants almost 17K. Can anyone justify this cost? Any help or suggestions that I can get him to a more realistic number, or am I the one who is out of line? Thank you. C
Easy way to get him to lower the price show up with a gun and a ski mask.. Bet he will give it to u for nothing.. Over the years I have learned one important thing about people that sell cars ( Privately ). They always think there car is worth alot more then it is most times.

Your not out of line but, In reality something is only worth what someone is willing to pay for that item. Now if you really think the car has what you like and just think its too much. Keep an eye on it and see if over time he/she doesnt sell the car they might change there mind on the price.

If you keep in touch with them down the road they might start considering your offer and might take it. Has worked for me more then a few times.. Might help you.. Question.. Did it have the Bose system with amps and rear deck speakers and power antenna and rear window louvers? If it has those then its worth about that Minus for the color.. At least to me.. Good Luck.

Chance Favors The Prepared Mind!

Quote:
Originally Posted by el ess X View Post
Look at it this way, if you have "Camaro" written on your car somewhere, you're already starting with a great platform!!

Last edited by WRAITHSS; 01-14-2010 at 05:09 PM.
post #8 of 28 Old 01-14-2010, 05:03 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonspeed View Post
Considering they stopped producing the '90 model in December 1989, it's certainly more rare than the others. '90 was a special year.
Hey Demon.. Are you sure they stopped in 89?? I had one that had a build date of sept. 90..

Quote:
Look at it this way, if you have "Camaro" written on your car somewhere, you're already starting with a great platform!!
post #9 of 28 Old 01-14-2010, 05:05 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBZ28 View Post
It's worth it. That's a reasonable price. Certainly try to bargain with him though... offer him... $13,000. If he laughs, $13,500. I do this everytime a buy a car. I don't care how insulting it is, it saves me a buttload of money! I just bought a '02 Mazda Protege, mint, dealer wanted $9,980, I got them down to $4,700!!! I would bet that you could drive it away $16,000. Definitley to to get him down, but if he is unwilling to budge, $17k really isn't a bad deal. It's a rare car!
You never want to insult a private seller. Since well its insulting and probably wont talk to you anymore.. A dealer you can basically do whatever since that is his job.. Theres a clear difference..

Quote:
post #10 of 28 Old 01-14-2010, 05:57 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRAITHSS View Post
Hey Demon.. Are you sure they stopped in 89?? I had one that had a build date of sept. 90..
You may of had an RS, but not a IROC... unless it was a Dodge Daytona.

www.fquick.com/demonspeed
Present: '02 SS #7146
Past: '89 IROC-Z|'91 Z28|'00 SS #0795|'01 Z28
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page