post #2 of 8 Old 02-17-2010, 05:33 AM
Veteran Member

Maybe I will find some time to sift through later in the day

www.fquick.com/demonspeed
Present: '02 SS #7146
Past: '89 IROC-Z|'91 Z28|'00 SS #0795|'01 Z28
post #3 of 8 Old 02-17-2010, 05:38 AM
Veteran Member

I just skimmed the links real quick and they all seemed decent, but I didn't bother to read the descriptions. (The first one looks clean)

Before posting 10 different links, you have to make up your mind and decide if you want a 350/auto or 305/M5. Do not get a 305/auto you will outgrow it in a month.

If you are going to drag more I'd suggest a 350/auto, you have a better platform and 700r4's can be built tough. If the manual is more yout thing than a 305/M5 is the way to go, it'll be slow but fun. (Throw some Aluminum L98 heads on there and you'll $H!Tstomp on that 350). It's important to know what you want because there is a big difference between the two...and You'll have people talk a lot of crap because it's a 305 but atleast you have a manual, or people talk crap because it's an auto with the 350. You can't win with these cars, only the fox body can you do that.

Or you can get a very cheap 'bird, something with a v8 atleast and just have it to see if you will like it. I had my Camaro and T/A at the sametime and both are different. I enjoyed the T/A more from an exterior and interior point-of view. I liked the interior 10x more in my GTA than my Z28, it felt much more racey and oldschool imo. The Z28 felt like a it was trapped transitioning into the 90s or something.

But my biggest piece of advice is wait until you find the right one, I did some impulse buying and look where it took me, from 1 nice car to 2 mediocre cars, to zero. If I waited I would of had one badass ride but now I'm waiting to get my bike license and driving a Geo tracker, it was still good lessons learned about the Camaro and the T/A however.

EDIT: http://sandiego.craigslist.org/ssd/cto/1602761073.html

All original except spoiler and seats? DROOL!

EDITx2: Car isn't all original under the bay, still looks good. Ask why it needed repainted. White on tan is sexy though.

Last edited by 80s_Adam; 02-17-2010 at 10:23 AM.

post #4 of 8 Old 02-17-2010, 01:39 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

white on tan IS sexy

lol i'm not thinkg about all out perfromance/drag racing

i'm thinking more auto-x quick and nimble

post #5 of 8 Old 02-17-2010, 02:30 PM
Veteran Member

Without a doubt, this is the one I would go with:

Quote:
1990 Pontiac Firebird Formula - $5500 (Brea)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: 2010-02-14, 5:21PM PST
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am the original owner of this black on black T-top WS6 LB9 (305 TPI) 5 speed with full power and working A/C. The radio does not work. Car has been GM maintained and I have all maintenance records, some spare trim parts, plus factory service manual with service bulletin manual too. Car was professionally lowered at Guldstrand Engineering in Feb 95 with 1LE front brake kit, braided steel brake lines, Bilstein shocks & struts, Jet Hot coated Edelbrock TES headers, Dynomax muffler, and Jet Engineering fan switch installed. The tires are Goodyear Eagle HPs with less than a thousand miles on them. This is a very nice clean car with 109,820 miles and was smogged in January.

This is worth the little extra price of admission. No doubt and hands down. This will do everything you want for autocross, and it's very clean and well taken care of. No stories and an honest owner - buy it! ****... I am impressed!

post #6 of 8 Old 02-17-2010, 02:40 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

yeah. if i had $5500 it'd be in my driveway already lol

i need to get a job, my dad would never lend me money for a car

post #7 of 8 Old 02-17-2010, 03:47 PM
Veteran Member

Well, then you're relegated to purchasing a POS.

Or sell you bike.

post #8 of 8 Old 02-17-2010, 03:50 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonspeed View Post
Or sell you bike.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

NO lol

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page