round 2 burnout vid - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
3rd Generation F-Body 1982-1992 Camaro & Firebird Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 Old 07-05-2010, 01:49 AM Thread Starter

round 2 burnout vid

My brother and I have always been into fast cars. We both have had lots of quick for the time 2nd gen cars and I paved a way for the semi modern age of muscle. I picked up my 87 IROC in 1990 and have been modding it since day one. My brother, Tracey, bought an 05 A4 GTO a couple of years ago and the has taken the family performance crown.

My brother posted up the burnout vid last year and we took alot of heat for it. We did ask all of his neighbors before hand but didnt record it. Hence my attitude in the first part of this video. I would never say OK to this in my neighborhood but my brother and his nieghbors were cool with it, so what the hell.

In the 2nd IROC burnout you can actually hear my car go into limp mode 1/2 way through 2nd gear.

Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctWjmO8Ge8U
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 Old 07-05-2010, 04:33 AM
Veteran Member

Love that color on that iroc.
post #3 of 16 Old 07-10-2010, 12:52 PM

where you from IROCDave? Western WA is where im from.

post #4 of 16 Old 10-15-2010, 11:41 PM Thread Starter

Update on 1/4 mile times. My car ran 4 tenths slower than it did with the last settup (CEL light on after 1st gear both times) 13.5 at 107MPH. My brothers GTO in the same trim ran a 12.98 @ 109.

My brother added a set of ported LS3 heads, .620 lift cam and 3600 stall and then ran a 11.8 @ 118.

My car is still limping along with a bad tune and stock 24lb injectors and pinging like a MFer.

This winters project for my car will include a set of 30lb Holley injectors ( 500+ bucks ) and an aftermarket ECM ( 1200 bucks). Hope it can come close to the GTO next spring. Wont be in the 11's but should be close to it.
post #5 of 16 Old 10-15-2010, 11:45 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by firechicken View Post
where you from IROCDave? Western WA is where im from.
I spent the first 11 years of my life in Kirkland, the next 10 years in Sacramento CA, then moved back to Bothell in 1991. I now live in Snohomish WA. You should check out the cascadecrew. We just had a gathering at my place last weekend.
post #6 of 16 Old 10-16-2010, 09:05 AM
Veteran Member

Garage
"We're gonna do something really childish" Ain't it cool! I love how all your neighbors are up for it!

Chuck
2010 SIM 2SS/RS A6 SC - Born on 10/05/09
MyCamaroBuildInfo

"You Were Really Flyin' When I Passed You Back There!"
February-2013-MOTM-Winner
post #7 of 16 Old 10-19-2010, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IROCDave View Post
I spent the first 11 years of my life in Kirkland, the next 10 years in Sacramento CA, then moved back to Bothell in 1991. I now live in Snohomish WA. You should check out the cascadecrew. We just had a gathering at my place last weekend.
you guys should consider doing a run out to ocean shores! id be down for that.

post #8 of 16 Old 10-20-2010, 08:21 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypurone View Post
"We're gonna do something really childish" Ain't it cool! I love how all your neighbors are up for it!
My neighbors would not have been cool with it by any strech of the imagination, but my brothers were totally down with it. Hell , next year my brothers neighbors will probably give out awards

I need to intsall an after market computer / tune to get utilize the missing 80RWHP and my brother needs to get the broken rear diff fixed before the next 4th. The GTO broke the rear running a 13.1 @ 115 pass at PR last weekend. My bro was hoping to improve on his best 1/4 mile time, but thats hard to do with one wheel with traction, or not traction.

Last edited by IROCDave; 10-20-2010 at 08:23 PM.
post #9 of 16 Old 10-21-2010, 07:53 AM
Veteran Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by IROCDave View Post
My neighbors would not have been cool with it by any strech of the imagination, but my brothers were totally down with it. Hell , next year my brothers neighbors will probably give out awards

I need to intsall an after market computer / tune to get utilize the missing 80RWHP and my brother needs to get the broken rear diff fixed before the next 4th. The GTO broke the rear running a 13.1 @ 115 pass at PR last weekend. My bro was hoping to improve on his best 1/4 mile time, but thats hard to do with one wheel with traction, or not traction.
Ah gotcha on whose neighbors are whose... As for the diff on the goat, maybe a Kaaz should be in his future!

Chuck
2010 SIM 2SS/RS A6 SC - Born on 10/05/09
MyCamaroBuildInfo

"You Were Really Flyin' When I Passed You Back There!"
February-2013-MOTM-Winner
post #10 of 16 Old 10-21-2010, 11:24 AM
Veteran Member

Yep - the old SES light. Probably the most frustrating thing on a modded IROC. Had 2 modded Irocs and both would flash that light at the weirdest times.

"BBOMG - More than just a car show.....it's an experience!"

Need to contact me? layssenATaol.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page