prepping the engine bay.
I started off by removing most of the wiring. Me and my brother have already experienced a ls1 swap in the past his his 3rd gen.
After hours of working on his car I gained a bit more experience and my set up was a bit more organized..
My engine was far gone I was ready to start prepping the engine bay for a better quality look.
My previous set up consisted of a cammed 350 mated with McLeod bell, mn12 GTO tranny and 4th gen rear differential
My intentions is to build a reliable 80s performance vehicle with the LSx drivability performance, yet fuel efficient, with modern interior and able to say I built this car.
I used esi data output for all the schematics for the 4th gen wiring.
Im attempting to run the evap and a fully functional cluster.
The process took a few months the only problem I came across was using a ls2 bell housing and finding the right starter. After researching the least expensive starter was the OEM Mitsubishi starter for lsx goats.
I purchased the ls1 with a k member and brake set up off ls1tech member.
As well as the fuel tank and dashboard.
Small appliances were supplied by the local parts store
All the fuel fittings and adapters were from others online or summit
Al work was done by myself with help of my close friends
And soon enough need some exhaust work for the y pipe
i started off with dissembling the old dash . Cutting grinding and bending metal for a test fit on the new dash .
Soon moved on to the 4th gen vents these fall right on top of the 3rd gen unit.. Modded and cut for future usage.
After painting the engine bay I left it plain and simple.
Main red wires to control ignition supply.
the instrumental work was done with extending wiring and merging the 4th gen cluster plug mostly color matched