Modern Camaro Forums banner

Wear mark above pass. window is back

3K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  Chuckduck 
#1 ·
It was almost worn through so the dealer replaced the top but now I can see it again from the outside and if I feel the underside of the top it has worn almost through. Any one else have wear problems after the top was replaced? Here is what it looked like before the top was replaced.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
WOW.. im just about to take my car in this afternoon.. for this same reason... man i hope it doesnt come back after its fixed,

#3 ·
The original top was on 14 months(of me owning it from new) The second top has only been on since July but the wear hasn't progressed as far so I'm guessing it will last the same 14 months. I do top down twice a day on any weather permitting day so my usage is high.

#4 ·
That sucks....

Kind of the same thing with mine; top replaced along with the 5th bow, and now there is wear marks in the underside. The outside looks good, but I doubt there is more than 2 months and 20 cycles since it went into storage. I would start begging for a extended warranty so you have a little piece of mind, and YES they are giving extended warranties.

#7 ·
I am sorry to hear of the top issues that some of you are having. Please keep us updated on your service at the dealership.

In regards to an extended warranty, your dealership can go through that information with you in detail. Make sure to get something set up before your bumper to bumper warranty expires if that is what you're interested in. Feel free to contact me directly with any further questions or concerns.

Ashley
Chevrolet Customer Assistance

#8 ·
I dropped my car off last night.. the service guy said my car had the top upgrades done before i bought it.. the car had 100 miles.. so if this has been fixed before why is it back?? what is the fix? he tried to say something like maybe these marks happened before the fix?? if so why didnt they replace the top?? 40k car and it has wear marks on the top that will everntually tear threw.??? i told him no sir because i had the top down the day before for about 12+ hours.. when i put the top back up the marks were worse, thats why i took it in..

#11 ·
Had the Chevy dealer looked at the the top wear issue while it was in the shop for the rear windows. Dealer told my wife a bushing wasn't installed when the new top was put on causing the wear, he told me that when the top is a about 3/4 down that spot on the canvas rubs against metal causing the wear and they added some padding to stop it from happening again. Not sure if a bushing was installed or just the band aid padding. I like the service guy and the treatment I get at the dealership but the service guy told me "not to worry" and that if the wear continues they will "take care of me" I asked what happens when I'm out of warranty and if he's gone and he reassured me it wouldn't happen. Will be contacting Chevy to get something in writing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.