95 Z28 wont start - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
4th Generation F-Body 1993-2002 Camaro & Firebird Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 Old 04-04-2009, 05:06 PM Thread Starter

Exclamation 95 Z28 wont start

Okay, I swear Im going to burn this thing to the ground if I don't figure this one out. Anyway, car has been having problems starting as it has sat up for a lil while, but not too long. Maybe a month or so. I changed the radiator out and on the way home it just cuts off in the middle of the road. After trying for about 10 minutes, she finally started back up. Drove home, then she cut off again in the drive way, 5 minutes, I get it started again. I parked it, let run for a while..no problems. Shut her down, an she hasnt started since. All it does is turn over, the spark plugs were changed not too long ago as well as an upgrade to an ACCEL optispark (because i know thats what ur gonna say..the optispark..Im not convinced) I am curious though will a bad coil lead to the car just turning over and not firing? I've checked plugs, wires, grounds..so on and so forth..throw me a bone bowtie buddies im dying here
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 04-04-2009, 07:23 PM
Premium Member

Accel is junk

I know from personal experience that Accel stuff is JUNK. Get rid of it and I will bet your car will start. Let me know.
WA4SJS

I ordered a 1ss/rs silver ice black stripes
post #3 of 13 Old 04-04-2009, 08:25 PM

Coils like hardly never go out. I bet its a defective opti-spark. My 96 Impala SS is in the shop right this minute waiting on verification of the exact thing. I took it up to bout 180 and it just stopped running, thought I blew it up but no spark when I tried to restart, had to tow.

post #4 of 13 Old 04-04-2009, 08:53 PM

Do you have spark at the plugs? Do you have fuel pressure?
post #5 of 13 Old 04-05-2009, 12:43 AM

the problem sounds like a timing issue, but i've never messed with or looked into anything beyond a carb and a distributor.
post #6 of 13 Old 04-05-2009, 11:11 AM

any check engine lights on... if not, check the codes anyway... there maybe one in there....go to autozone, its free.... when I had my car parked for a few months.. I had to change the MAF sensor... but that was in a Mustang... check ignition coil, MAF Sensor, battery, alternator, sound electrical in nature... good luck... ignition coil might do da trick
post #7 of 13 Old 04-07-2009, 07:29 PM

wow

dude ignore all the guess work...do you have spark?fuel pressure? always stick to the basics.no spark then you may have a crank sensor issue witch is in the optispark assy,or you may just have a bad fuel pump relay you need to find out whats not there.take it from a master tech thats been there thousand times
post #8 of 13 Old 04-07-2009, 07:32 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by firestone_ss View Post
dude ignore all the guess work...do you have spark?fuel pressure? always stick to the basics.no spark then you may have a crank sensor issue witch is in the optispark assy,or you may just have a bad fuel pump relay you need to find out whats not there.take it from a master tech thats been there thousand times

2010-2SS/RS/LS3/IBM/RP6: ECS-Paxton Supercharger / American Racing Headers & Exhaust / PFADT Suspension / DSS 9" 4.10 Rear / FOR SALE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taglane View Post
Powerfreak is the only one who actually understood anything.
post #9 of 13 Old 06-04-2009, 01:49 PM

Something nobody suggested, including the "Master Tech", check fuses, check that you have battery voltage at the coil and your injectors. Do you have a ground pulse to the coil and injectors. You need to know exactly what you are lacking before you know where to start looking for the source of the problem.
post #10 of 13 Old 06-04-2009, 10:00 PM

this falls into the back to basics catagory...no power no spark
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page