I miss driving my z28 - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
4th Generation F-Body 1993-2002 Camaro & Firebird Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 07-16-2009, 09:30 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

I miss driving my z28

I wish I saw this coming. Last Thursday (07/09) while I was driving it the engine died but started back up. Then tried to go to work later, backed up and died. Got to start but not easily.

Saturday was fine.

Sunday I drove my Dad's truck to my Grandpa's house hoping to go to Louisville to pick up a 94 Firebird on Monday but this person is really dumb though.

Monday I drove the 96 and brought the truck home. The z28 didn't start when I was going to go back to my Grandpa's house, then head to work. Waited for my Dad to start it up but it wasn't going to start. Drove the truck. Thankfully I have 2 cars I can drive at my house at the moment.

Tuesday I got AAA to tow it to my Grandpa's house. We replaced the fuel pump (thankfully the donor z28 had one) and tried starting it but it didn't. We determined that it was the distributor and it called it a day since I had to go work later that day. My Grandpa was getting sick as well.

Wednesday I had to work in the morning. Then waited for my Dad and brother to help me push it while my Grandpa steers the car in his garage since my Grandpa wanted it there. I took a few hoses and the belt off. Drained the anti-freeze as well and called it day since it was getting late.

Thursday (today), I had to work in the morning till noon again. My Grandpa wanted to go to Golden Coraral at 2 so I didn't start till afterwards. I took out the fans and more hoses. Almost got the water pump out.

Tomorrow, I have an appointment at 1 so I'm not sure if I am going to his house before or not. Hope to have it out then.

Might have to take break Saturday since I have to work the time .

I'm hoping to get finished Sunday or Monday.
Sorry for long story

Current: 00 z28 M6 T-tops
Past: 74 Stingray Vette, 99 Silverado 2500, 01 SS A4 T-tops, 95 z28 A4 T-tops, 96 v6 A4 T-tops (project), 97 v6 A4
RIP: 95 z28 M6

Last edited by Out Of Focus; 07-16-2009 at 09:44 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 07-16-2009, 09:33 PM
Admin/ChevyBlazerRep

Garage
good luck with it

June 2015 MOTM

"I live my life a quarter mile at a time, For those ten seconds or less, I'm free.
post #3 of 6 Old 07-16-2009, 09:44 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Thanks, hopefully everything else goes good.

Past: 74 Stingray Vette, 99 Silverado 2500, 01 SS A4 T-tops, 95 z28 A4 T-tops, 96 v6 A4 T-tops (project), 97 v6 A4

post #4 of 6 Old 07-18-2009, 10:26 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

She starts!!! But I need to get some parts back on. Sunday I should finally drive it home and finish up the 96.

post #5 of 6 Old 07-19-2009, 05:37 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

She runs perfect now.

post #6 of 6 Old 12-19-2009, 07:56 PM

your title makes me miss my Z's

Its been awhile and I have been lurking around here. I grew up and took my driving test on an LG! factory ordered 1985 Z28 that my dad and I painstakengly waded throught most options on the sheet shy of the IROC package. Then I dreamt of the 4th gen all through college and finally bought a 97 six speed Z as my first new car. After the borla car-back was installed that was the best car I have ever had the chance spend time in. Now it has been 6 years since I have driven a camaro, do you think it is time for another Z? Cmon chevy, I am ready for round 3.......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page