need some advice..... - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
4th Generation F-Body 1993-2002 Camaro & Firebird Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 23 Old 05-18-2007, 12:15 PM Thread Starter

need some advice.....

in ur advise wats the best deal.......

is it better to go lt or ls
auto or stick

im still in college but i feel its time for an upgrade, dont get me wrong i love my v6, it gets great gas mileage and its been a great car to have.
but its not exactly the car i like having when it comes to hanging out with the local fbody club, i get left sitting quite often, and shes not the best track car.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 Old 05-18-2007, 01:19 PM

LS=more power more efficient
LT=great v8 at a cheaper price than LS
Stick= better cruiser and autoX
Auto=better for drag racing

Ultimately what do you want out of it? Just a great v8 for less than 8k LT1's are a great bargin right now. LS cars are getting cheaper but are worth it IMO. Better power and performance as well as better gas mileage with LS. If you ultimatel want in the single digits race car get an auto if you want a great 12-11 second car go stick. Want and autoxer get a stick. Sticks enjoy 2 overdrives so you can ultimately get more power and deeper gears and still get good gas mileage. Auto's are great with stalls and an absolute blast to drive but will suffer on the gas mileage side when you start getting deeper into the times. Sticks generally do better than autos with good drivers until you get into the real HP mods and the Auto gets a good stall. Then the advantage turns toward the auto.I have 4.10's with a 3500 stall and LOVE it yet 4.10's and a stick would net me better gas mileage.

2000 Red 1SC Z28 A4 - dead for now
2005 Black GTO M6 6.0 - Split daily driver
1987 Silver Fiero GT - Split daily driver

Last edited by slims00ls1z28; 05-18-2007 at 01:21 PM.
post #3 of 23 Old 05-18-2007, 01:55 PM

wait until the 5th gen comes out

the ls motors are beast motors. and since your in college, i say stick, a lot more fun. i dont drive a stick but i know how to and they are a blast.

*A Cars Only Purpose Is To Get From Point A to B. I Just Rather Get There In 13.2 @ 106
* Going Mustang Hunting... Be Back In 12 Seconds

www.fquick.com/Naute <---- That's Me

http://fn-fasttown.myminicity.com

post #4 of 23 Old 05-18-2007, 02:26 PM

Heh good point just wait and get an LS3 5th gen

2000 Red 1SC Z28 A4 - dead for now
2005 Black GTO M6 6.0 - Split daily driver
1987 Silver Fiero GT - Split daily driver
post #5 of 23 Old 05-18-2007, 04:46 PM
Supporter of common sense

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodygrad View Post
in ur advise wats the best deal.......

is it better to go lt or ls
auto or stick

im still in college but i feel its time for an upgrade, dont get me wrong i love my v6, it gets great gas mileage and its been a great car to have.
but its not exactly the car i like having when it comes to hanging out with the local fbody club, i get left sitting quite often, and shes not the best track car.
It's not what your buddies have its what you want/can afford

Being your still in college cash may or may not be tight. If that is your Camaro in your sig pic, I think it looks **** good

Joe :: Over Anxious 67 Camaro RS/SS L78
5thgenblog.com // Michigan Classics
Chevrolet Camaro in Transformers // My ebaY auctions

Hot Rod Search Google searches for gearheads!
post #6 of 23 Old 05-18-2007, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slims00ls1z28 View Post
Heh good point just wait and get an LS3 5th gen
....i cant see the camaro with a ls3 i could see it with ls2 easily and maybe a ls7 for super high model
post #7 of 23 Old 05-18-2007, 05:23 PM

I say if you have the couple of thousand in the bank you were going to buy the new car with be different. Turbo or supercharge your car.

But if your trading your car in..sell it private and go but a nice 98 LS1 for cheap. an LT1 for cheaper if you want.

1994 Z28 Autobot

I would like to thank the person that came up with these fine avatar and signature's.
post #8 of 23 Old 05-18-2007, 08:47 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverAnxious View Post
It's not what your buddies have its what you want/can afford

Being your still in college cash may or may not be tight. If that is your Camaro in your sig pic, I think it looks **** good
oh yeah thats my baby, thanks man

but good looking is about all she is, its a 94 3.4L m5, runs good only down fall is its got 182k
post #9 of 23 Old 05-18-2007, 09:00 PM Thread Starter

i just want a car that i can have fun in, i really want a stick.

i had thought about doing a drivetrain swap, but i think it wouldn't be worth it.

i think ls is a lil out of my price range, but then again tyring to find an lt that isnt high miles or been dawged all its life.

i had a buddy of mine that priced his 97 formula to me, m6, bbk headers, slp loudmouth, bbk short throw shifter, centerforce dual disk clutch, kn cold air, but its a 150 shot layed on it the last two summers and its closing in on 100k, when he said he he wanted 7500, i turned and walked away
post #10 of 23 Old 05-18-2007, 09:14 PM

i still say save your money. dont do a swap because what do u have to show? u took a 3.4 auto into a 3.4 stick and dropped a g or so. ur on this forum for a reason and im assuming you want a 5th gen. hence we all prolly do. like i have a grand prix, it run's 12's but like now i know what i should and shouldnt do with my future 5th gen. you live and learn but like i want a GTO right now soooo bad cus i want a v-8 6 spd but i know when the 5th gen comes out i wont be disappointed at all with the price, performance, and aftermarket vendors. if you have money then go ahead get a lt1 or ls1 but if the money you do have was for a 5th gen, i say save it. and also since your in college, you dont wanna go in debt incase you lose ur job or something. im not trying to preach but im almost in the same boots, im a college student and i want a muscle car sooo bad but i know if a couple years ill be glad i waited and saved all this money.

p.s ur 3.4 looks good, not many girls car about how fast it is? am i correct?

*A Cars Only Purpose Is To Get From Point A to B. I Just Rather Get There In 13.2 @ 106
* Going Mustang Hunting... Be Back In 12 Seconds

www.fquick.com/Naute <---- That's Me

http://fn-fasttown.myminicity.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page