502 from the factory? - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
4th Generation F-Body 1993-2002 Camaro & Firebird Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 23 Old 09-22-2009, 12:39 PM Thread Starter

502 from the factory?

A friend of mine tells me there was a special edition 4th generation SS that had an aluminum 502 from the factory. I keep telling him there is no way but he insists he used to know someone that had one. Is he really full of crap, or should I be looking for one of these on ebay lol?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 Old 09-22-2009, 12:42 PM
Veteran Member

I think they did a 502 GMPP build up of one as more of a prototype sorta thing, but no production 502. I have a 502, but it came in a crate.

2010 2SS/RS Auto, Sunroof, Engine Cover. Transformer Edition package.
2013 ZL1 ragtop #5478. 1 of 54 CRT M6 'verts.
post #3 of 23 Old 09-22-2009, 10:44 PM

Didn't happen.

All 502s were crate motors only.

A dealership COULD have done it, but it WAS not production.

2005 CTSV BLACK LS7 Clutch/Flywheel/Slave, Tick Speed Bleeder, Tilton Clutch MC, RevShift Bushings, Domestic V8 Solutions (shifter, 8.8 Diff conversion, srut tower braces, sub-frame connectors), SLP cats, no cags, xpipe, bullet mufflers, Volante, iPod dock, G-force tune; 379hp 381tq.

Killing 5th gens like it is my job.

post #4 of 23 Old 10-09-2009, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourmyboybh1026 View Post
A friend of mine tells me there was a special edition 4th generation SS that had an aluminum 502 from the factory. I keep telling him there is no way but he insists he used to know someone that had one. Is he really full of crap, or should I be looking for one of these on ebay lol?
Yes, it was produced by Lingenfelter. I still have Super Chevy magazine that it was featured in.
post #5 of 23 Old 10-09-2009, 06:11 PM

It's kinda like the gy I work with that give me s#%& because Cammie only has the 6.2L and his Dad's 5th gen Red, Auto came from the factory with a 427 and will peg the speedo. Does the 427 model not have the digital speedo like mine, is there a different GM that is producing this car with a 427 that NOBODY except his dad knows about? BTW he also has a SRT10 RAM that came from the factory with 900 HP and will smoke Cammie.

post #6 of 23 Old 10-09-2009, 06:16 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandont View Post
Yes, it was produced by Lingenfelter. I still have Super Chevy magazine that it was featured in.
Then it was aftermarket, NOT factory produced.

2010 2SS/RS Auto, Sunroof, Engine Cover. Transformer Edition package.
2013 ZL1 ragtop #5478. 1 of 54 CRT M6 'verts.
post #7 of 23 Old 10-09-2009, 06:56 PM
Veteran Member

never happened as 54 says....now maybe the special operations built one but only one but yea that's a Crate motors...your friend is a wiener tell him i say so lol.

'Winning'
post #8 of 23 Old 10-24-2009, 10:08 PM

Lol's, so much BS. HotRod or Car Craft features a GMPP project then every dim wit has a " Special, factory authorized, super secret one off car that no one in the world other than this friend of a friend has" and was able to purchase.

Fourth and fifth gen F bodies didnt have super secret options. Third Gen F bodies did, just like the 1st gen cars.

Try and verify a 4th gen car that had the exotic FACTORY options like a real SLP FireHawk had. The 4th gen Hawks were a watered down joke in comparison. The fifth gens do not have the backing due to the bailout oney to have special performance packages that are not mass produced. This equates to low value in the future.
post #9 of 23 Old 10-25-2009, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IROCDave View Post
Lol's, so much BS. HotRod or Car Craft features a GMPP project then every dim wit has a " Special, factory authorized, super secret one off car that no one in the world other than this friend of a friend has" and was able to purchase.

Fourth and fifth gen F bodies didnt have super secret options. Third Gen F bodies did, just like the 1st gen cars.

Try and verify a 4th gen car that had the exotic FACTORY options like a real SLP FireHawk had. The 4th gen Hawks were a watered down joke in comparison. The fifth gens do not have the backing due to the bailout oney to have special performance packages that are not mass produced. This equates to low value in the future.
What's this super secret option you are referring to?

Firehawk?
B4C?
TurboT/A Notchback?
IROC?(that is just me being an AH!!!)

2005 CTSV BLACK LS7 Clutch/Flywheel/Slave, Tick Speed Bleeder, Tilton Clutch MC, RevShift Bushings, Domestic V8 Solutions (shifter, 8.8 Diff conversion, srut tower braces, sub-frame connectors), SLP cats, no cags, xpipe, bullet mufflers, Volante, iPod dock, G-force tune; 379hp 381tq.

Killing 5th gens like it is my job.
post #10 of 23 Old 10-25-2009, 11:04 PM
Veteran Member

right...super secret sounds like someone believes in aliens too

'Winning'
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page