Replacing trunk lifts - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
4th Generation F-Body 1993-2002 Camaro & Firebird Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 01-23-2010, 04:00 PM Thread Starter

Replacing trunk lifts

Does anyone know the steps for replacing trunk lifts? The steps as well as the tools needed. I know your all probably tired of me asking questions but its really important to me to know that all aspects of my car are operating correctly. Thanks all!

R.I.P. Michael Jackson, King of Pop. You shaped music into everything it has become. Sing for the angels now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 01-23-2010, 04:09 PM
Veteran Member

did you get the overheating issue worked out???

don't know for sure, but the lifts should just be a simple unbolt and replace.

2010-2SS/RS/LS3/IBM/RP6: ECS-Paxton Supercharger / American Racing Headers & Exhaust / PFADT Suspension / DSS 9" 4.10 Rear / FOR SALE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taglane View Post
Powerfreak is the only one who actually understood anything.
post #3 of 6 Old 01-23-2010, 06:20 PM Thread Starter

Yes the overheating issue was resolved, new radiator , old one was all filled up with crud. I hope it is as simple as a couple of bolts, but what about the gasket at the top of th lift. How do I get it off?

R.I.P. Michael Jackson, King of Pop. You shaped music into everything it has become. Sing for the angels now.

post #4 of 6 Old 01-23-2010, 09:27 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaroMan1989 View Post
Yes the overheating issue was resolved, new radiator , old one was all filled up with crud. I hope it is as simple as a couple of bolts, but what about the gasket at the top of th lift. How do I get it off?
I thought it was still overheating after you swapped radiators?

Sorry, can't help you w/ the lifts.

2010-2SS/RS/LS3/IBM/RP6: ECS-Paxton Supercharger / American Racing Headers & Exhaust / PFADT Suspension / DSS 9" 4.10 Rear / FOR SALE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taglane View Post
Powerfreak is the only one who actually understood anything.
post #5 of 6 Old 01-23-2010, 09:39 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaroMan1989 View Post
Does anyone know the steps for replacing trunk lifts? The steps as well as the tools needed. I know your all probably tired of me asking questions but its really important to me to know that all aspects of my car are operating correctly. Thanks all!
They should have a metal clamp.. First hold up the weight with a piece of wood or something and if you look on the end of the support pistons ( lifts ). There is a metal flap. If you take a flat head screw driver and stick it between the joint and the strap it will pull out and let go of the ball that is the connection to the hatch.. and the same on the body. Super easy.. The new ones just push on. But to take them off you have to do the above again. Good Luck.

Chance Favors The Prepared Mind!

Quote:
Originally Posted by el ess X View Post
Look at it this way, if you have "Camaro" written on your car somewhere, you're already starting with a great platform!!

Last edited by WRAITHSS; 01-23-2010 at 09:48 PM.
post #6 of 6 Old 01-24-2010, 11:54 AM Thread Starter

No, I bled the system again and topped it off with anti freeze and voila, no more overheating. People like to try and play the little old v-6s', but I'm telling you, they'll still plant you back in your seat. I need to get rid of that electronically limited speed though, lol.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page