F/S ... 2000 Camaro SS (So Cal) - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
4th Generation F-Body 1993-2002 Camaro & Firebird Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 Old 06-02-2014, 05:54 PM Thread Starter

F/S ... 2000 Camaro SS (So Cal)

2000 Chevy Camaro SS T-top coupe ... one of only 496 built in 2000 ...

I just bought this car locally from the original owner ... but a new employment opportunity is forcing me to reconsider my transportation requirements ...

The car was purchased new right here in Long Beach CA. Much of the original paperwork is present and included; including the original title, sales contract, window sticker, SLP sticker, owner's manual, etc. The car also has Lo-Jack installed, but will need to be updated (paperwork included).

The car currently has 110K miles on it, which is well below average, but the previous owner stated that 54K of those miles were recorded within the first 2 years due to his job at the time. He meticulously maintained it, and it has never been modified or abused. It has never had the need for any major repairs, and has never been in an accident. It has been repainted once, solely due to common clear-coat discoloration.

The SLP options include the chrome 5-spoke wheels, and the "dual-dual" exhaust. The SLP stickers are present on both doors, but faded. It has recently had new tires and new brakes installed. It is entirely stock and original, with the exception of a Flowmaster 40-series muffler which I just had installed. The interior is extremely clean and shows only very minimal wear. There is virtually no fading on the white-lettering on the buttons on the radio or the steering wheel controls, and very minimal wear to the leather-wrapped steering wheel or shift knob. It has its original T-top shades (and instructions). The previous owner had all but one of the speakers replaced by the dealer for the Monsoon stereo system, so there is absolutely no crackling when you crank the tunes. Everything works as it should, A/C blows cold, brakes and suspension are tight. All weatherstrips are in very good condition, and there are no leaks or wind whistles as you drive.

As with any used car, there are some minor flaws:
1) Driver's seat-back outer edge has minor wear from entering and exiting the vehicle, which has resulted in a dime-sized hole in the upholstery.
2) Driver"s side rear wheel has a small piece taken out of the outer lip ... previous owner says it has been that way for over 10 years ... it does not affect the balance and does not leak air.
3) Typical LS rattle when cold ... lasts for approximately 10-seconds after putting the car in gear and beginning to drive. If allowed to warm up first, there are no issues.
4) Dash cover hides a cracked upper dash cover.

The car runs and drives very well with surprisingly very few strange noises or rattles. The body has one minor ding in the right rear quarter panel, which you have to look at at the right angle to really be able to notice. The paint looks very good, and has only minor scratches (mostly resembling swirl-marks) and I would give a solid 8 on a 10 scale if I'm being conservative (personally I think a light color sand and buff would really make it come alive).

I am posting what I think are the pertinent photos, but am happy to supply a prospective buyer with whatever photos they require ... including more detailed ones of all flaws mentioned.

I am asking $9500 or best reasonable offer ...

Thanks for reading ... Gregg

PM me here or reach me by email at [email protected]

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 06-14-2014, 12:23 AM Thread Starter

$8000 can buy it ...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page