Hey guys, I'm thinking about picking up a 4th gen a few months down the road. I was just wondering a few things about these:
1) My budget is likely going to be $5-6k. How realistic is it to find a Z28 in decent shape for that price? I might be able to stretch it slightly over that, but not by much.
2) If I get one, it'll likely be 10-15 years old, and I need it as a daily driver. Now, as far as I know the LT1/LS1 are pretty much bulletproof, but what sorts of common issues crop up in cars this age? Any particular items I'd have to get replaced soon after purchasing it?
3) I've read that with a 6MT and a light foot, these can hit 30mpg hwy with the V8. True or false? That would be fantastic for me, since the Ranger only gets 17-18 (E85).
4) Snow performance? I've seen my share of Camaros and Firebirds braving the snow here in Michigan, so I know it can be done, but that's still a concern for me. How common is it to find traction control on these, and just how much does it help?
5) Anyone looking to get rid of a 4th gen in the near future?
Scotty, got any at your dealership?
Thanks in advance, guys.