94 camaro wont run - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
4th Generation F-Body 1993-2002 Camaro & Firebird Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 10-13-2008, 08:32 AM Thread Starter

94 camaro wont run

I have a 94 camaro that I bought for my daughter and last week while she was driving it quit.I towed it in to my garage and pulled the balancer off and -found a small piece of a razor blade blocking the crank sensor magnetic pickup the ignition fuse was also blown so I change both. It still would not start.so we took off the ignition control module and 3 coils and went and tested it at auto zone and they both tested ok. So I bought the cam position sensor and the other crank sensor that is on the side off the block and new plugs . I went home and installed the two sensors and new plugs and it still wont run it will try to start and die if you give it gas while cranking the motor cranking slows down and somtimes it kicks back.I tested the fuel pressure and had 42 lbs. on the rail and checked the spark on all 6 plugs and they all fire. I checked one with it out and with my thumb in the spark plug hole while cranking and the spark was in time with compression.I installed a new fuel pressure regulator and installed a new computer from auto zone and had it flashed .It started barely and run like crap while holding the gas down it was flooding and misfiring and had no power and died again and will not start .We used the old knock module and put it in the new computer.Could this cause all the problem I know it retards the timing from the knock sensor or can the Ignition control module and coils be bad even though they tested good. If any one has had trouble like this let me know .I will pull the timing chain and gear and check it even though it seemed to compress with the spark it acts like its about 40 degrees out of time.I have been working on cars for years but this one is tough. The motor is the 3.4 V6 and has the OBD1.5 DIAGNOSTIC on it it will not flash any codes I am thinking about using a lap top and buying a ALDL cable and downloading software to try and see if it gives a code. Don

Last edited by don94camaro; 10-13-2008 at 08:40 AM. Reason: Added engine size and diagnostic info
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 10-14-2008, 08:29 PM

for all the time you invested in the car and the $$$ sounds like you could of gotten a good running and esier to fix LT1..
I heard the V6's were just a PITA to work on when problems start. Its the old 3.4 liter right?

did you check the MAF? or any intake problems?

I wish I could help really but don't know anything about the V6's. Good luck and welcome to the site

1994 Z28 Autobot

I would like to thank the person that came up with these fine avatar and signature's.
post #3 of 5 Old 10-14-2008, 09:13 PM

Check you catalytic converter, your problem sounds just like the one my father had with a 91 w/ 3.1L. It drove him nuts for months, he replaced a lot of the same components you mentioned .Then he finally checked the cat, and he noticed that the "honeycomb" fell and was blocking the exhaust. Just a suggestion.

post #4 of 5 Old 10-15-2008, 05:13 AM

ahh good idea blue..forgot about the exit end..yea especially if the car was sitting..could be clogged up somewhere

1994 Z28 Autobot

I would like to thank the person that came up with these fine avatar and signature's.
post #5 of 5 Old 10-15-2008, 09:01 AM Thread Starter

It has the map sensor on the intake I am not sure but I dont think it has the MAF on it .I will check the Cat see if that is it .

Don
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page